Do you know how to solve problems and implement your designs? Can you breathe new life into something deemed obsolete? Whether it be a re-design or a new build project, you make it work! Does this sound like you? Then we want to talk to you about becoming part of our Design team in Letchworth as an Electronic Engineer.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 – £50,000
· Discretionary bonus (2% quarterly £800-£1000 per year)
· 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Access to company pension
· Flexible working hours and hybrid opportunities
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cambridge, Luton, Bedford, Watford, Bishop Stortford
Why should I apply:
· With flexible working hours and hybrid working opportunities you can find your work / life balance.
· As an ever expanding company we offer genuine progression. (Our current Managing Director started with us as an apprentice and has progressed throughout the company)
· Opportunity to work on design projects from cradle to grave, that really do make a difference in the real world.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electronic Engineer, Radio Engineer, Communications Engineer, Broadcasting Engineer
Working within the Product Design Services team, you will design new products for our clients, as well as support existing products that are in service for military applications such as analogue and digital, radio, signals, reception and signal conditioning.
Consulting with the in house mechanical designers on new projects. And work along side the test, calibration and repair teams as well as external contracted suppliers to complete on going works.
You will design, test and repair LF and VLF radio equipment, reverse engineer and redesign obsolete equipment / systems and manage sub-suppliers to manufacture components, sub-assemblies and testing services.
The majority of work is undertaken at our facilities in Letchworth, but occasional site visits will be required, often with an overnight stay.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Electronic Engineer, Radio Engineer, Communications Engineer, Broadcasting Engineer
· Design, test and repair low frequency radio equipment at component level.
· Analogue design, schematic capture, simulation and circuit board layout.
· Electrical testing of circuit boards and assemblies for specification acceptance, diagnosis and fault analysis.
· Assembly of electronic circuits (and mechanical housing where required).
· Translate customer specifications into electrical design and test requirements.
· Document processes, procedures and specifications for future manufacturing and testing.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Electronic Engineer, Radio Engineer, Communications Engineer, Broadcasting Engineer
· Electronic / Electrical Qualification at ONC / HNC / HND / Degree level or equivalent
· An understanding with demonstrable experience of analogue circuit analysis and design.
· Knowledge of Electronic Design to component/board level
· Hands on experience with a wide range of electronic test and measurement equipment.
· Experience with writing technical reports.
· Knowledge of schematic capture and layout.
Please note, to work for our company you must be able to pass UK security checks (SC) / (DV)
We have over 50 years experience and boast a proud reputation for supplying the UK and overseas military with radio communication systems, as well as UK commercial businesses for electrical and mechanical calibration services.
We design, build, repair and test communication products and specialise in the very low frequency (VLF) and low frequency (LF) end of the radio communications spectrum.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electronic Engineer, Analogue Design, Electronic Design Engineer, Radio Engineer, Communications Engineer, Broadcasting Engineer, Signals Engineer, Transmitting Engineer, Electronics, Engineering, Radar Technician, Radio Technician, Military communications, Aircraft Communications, Marine Communications, Submarine Communications, Antenna Engineer, Communications Service Engineer, M.O.D,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JN16941, Wallace Hind Selection