You’ve always been technically minded & a fixer. You’re a strong problem solver that can diagnose electronics issues & fault-find down to component level. We’re a branded technology manufacturer in Watford & you’ll be developing innovative safety related technology.
Basic Salary: Up to £35,000
- Holidays rising to 30 days on service plus Bank Holidays
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Commutable Locations: Hemel Hempstead, St. Albans, Hatfield, Cheshunt, Harrow, Wembley, Hayes, High Wycombe, Amersham, Chesham, Berkhamsted, Tring, Luton, Dunstable, Hatfield, Welling Garden City, Stevenage, Slough, Maidenhead, London, Milton Keynes, Hitchin, Bletchley,
I am sure you’ll agree that with a job title like Electronics Engineer, you know its electronics related, but you’re none the wiser on what you’ll be doing daily!
There won’t be any hands-on design work involved, just product testing & development. We design, develop & manufacture a branded range of portable & hand-held electronic instrumentation. This is a standalone role, so we need you to play a key part in testing, fault-finding, diagnosing & correcting issues related to our new product development.
You might have used our products before in your home or workplace. We’re a branded manufacturer & proud of what we’ve achieved in nearly 100 years of business. Our products are biased towards analogue electronics & the power supply unit, but the controls are digital. You’ll understand when you see them.
This is a standalone role in the R&D team reporting to the R&D Manager, so you’ll be working autonomously & need to self-motivated to get the job done.
Maybe you’re currently an Electronics Engineer, an Electronics Technician or maybe even an Electronics Test Engineer. That is all relevant to this role.
- Some assembly, mainly product testing of prototypes during the new product development process
- Your product testing, fault-finding & diagnosis will be down to component level (rather than just board level) & you’ll be working from schematics
- This will generally be on new prototypes, but maybe on customer rejections to help the service department if you’re feeling nice
- Be able to work with & escalate any issues. Propose & advise the necessary changes to rectify i.e. design, manufacturing, assembly, quality related issue.
- Strong practical electronics background (analogue & digital)
- Experienced gained within a product development / test environment
- Can read schematics & use them to test, fault-find & diagnose issues units
- Competent with hand tools for soldering, testing (multi-meters & oscilloscopes) & product assembly
- It would be advantageous if you understand mains voltage products
- We don’t mind your educational background in electronics. It might be ONC/HNC, or maybe you’ve been to University & gained a B.Eng
We’re approaching 100 years in business, we’re a well-respected manufacturer & brand of portable & hand-held electronic instrumentation. With a heavy focus & investment on R&D & New Product Development, we’re genuinely a market leader for innovation in our industry sector. Come & find out.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: electronics engineer, electronics technician, diagnosis, diagnose, fault-find, schematics, prototype, test engineer, assembly, analogue, digital, circuit, PCB, printed circuit board.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC15847, Wallace Hind Selection