Are you an experienced Electronics Engineer with a passion for being involved in new and innovative Braking and Suspension systems for the Vehicle Industry in Nuneaton? This is a permanent opportunity to build on the existing development and test work by an Interim Electronics Engineer who is moving on. As this role is based rurally in the Nuneaton area it is commutable to many Midlands based locations.
SALARY: Up to £50,000 dependent on your practical experience and qualifications
BENEFITS: Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance and Flexitime are on offer
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nuneaton, Leicester, Tamworth, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Burton-On-Trent, Litchfield, Sutton Coldfield
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electronics Engineer
This Electronics Engineer role will be site-based in the Nuneaton area, working on the design, development and testing of vehicle brake products and air suspension systems for the R&D of new and developing products.
This permanent role has come about through the replacement of an Interim Electronics Engineer moving on.
The core part of this role will be the specification, electrical / electronic design, evaluation and development down to component level.
Electronics Engineer Duties / responsibilities include:
· Creation of product performance specifications
· Proposal and evaluation of electronics hardware designs – including the selection of electrical parts and components
· Prepare circuit schematics, technical specifications and a Bill of Material (BOM) of electronic components
· Assist with the procurement and evaluation of design prototypes as per internal or external client briefs
· The creation of technical product documentation to aid in the installation / commissioning and the compilation of service manuals
REQUIREMENTS: Electronics Engineer
· Electrical or Electronic qualification, ideally you will be degree educated to at least a B.Eng or an M.Eng
· You will have practical experience of specifying, designing and validating electronic hardware from within a product development environment
· This experience could have come from a variety of sectors (such as Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport etc)
· You will have worked on projects – particularly with the design & development of electronic circuits from concept through to final manufacturing and test
Any exposure to LabVIEW would be an advantage, as would any electronics work under taken in a safety critical product area.
Also important for this role is the ability to demonstrate a practical understanding (beyond the theoretical / academic) of the real-world applications of these products
We are an established manufacturer of braking, suspension and electronic braking systems, with an international exposure supplying systems to major truck and trailer manufacturers.
An Automotive giant operating Sales, R&D and Manufacturing all over the world with sites based in over 20 different countries covering Mainland Europe, Indo-China, South America and North America.
About half of their sales are generated in North America, one-third in Europe and the remainder in Asia and South America.
Our development and test facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance and career development opportunities.
This company have a proven track record of promoting from within. There is specific room for expansion within the growing electronics team for the right Engineer.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: electronics engineer, electronic design, PCB, P.C.B, component, ORCAD, analogue, digital, circuit simulation, brake, systems, automotive, motorsport, aerospace, vehicle
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Electronics Engineer and reference JAC15034 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.