Are you an experienced Electronics Engineer who has worked in a safety critical environment? Do you want to be involved in the latest cutting-edge technology within the Autonomous Vehicle Industry? This is a permanent opportunity where you will have great hands on exposure to component level design, safety critical systems and FMEA. You will need to be commutable or happy to move closer to Nuneaton to be considered.
SALARY: Up to £50,000 dependent on your relevant practical work experience and qualifications
BENEFITS: Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance and Flexitime are on offer
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nuneaton, Leicester, Tamworth, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Burton-On-Trent, Litchfield, Sutton Coldfield
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electronics Engineer - Automotive Braking, Suspension and Electronic Braking Systems
Working within an expanding R&D team, this Electronics Engineer role will be site-based in the Nuneaton area, working on the design, development and testing of the latest vehicle braking products and air suspension systems. This could be developing new products or working on new cutting-edge technology.
This permanent role has come about through the need to replace an Interim Electronics Engineer.
The core areas of this role will be the specification, electrical / electronic design, evaluation and development down to component level.
Electronics Engineer - duties and responsibilities will include:
· Creation of product performance specifications
· Proposal and evaluation of electronics hardware designs – including the selection of electrical parts and components
· Component level design, prepare circuit schematics, technical specifications and a Bill of Material (BOM) of electronic components
· Assist with the procurement and evaluation of design prototypes as per internal or external client briefs
· The creation of technical product documentation to aid in the installation / commissioning and the compilation of service manuals
REQUIREMENTS: Electronics Engineer - Automotive Braking, Suspension and Electronic Braking Systems
· Electrical or Electronic Engineering qualification. Ideally you will be degree educated to at least a B.Eng or an M.Eng in Electronic Engineering or similar
· You will have practical experience of designing to PCB's component level, specifying and validating electronic hardware from within a product development environment
· This experience could have come from a variety of safety critical sectors (such as Aerospace, Automotive, Motor-sport, autonomous vehicles, driver-less cars etc)
· You will have worked on projects – particularly with the design & development of electronic circuits from concept through to final manufacturing and product test validation
· You must be able to describe any risk assessment (DFMEA) or EMC development experience. We really see these as being key pointers to developing high quality systems
Any additional exposure to LabVIEW or EMC design techniques would be advantageous, as would any electronics systems work under-taken in a safety critical environment.
I will be looking for applicants to demonstrate a practical understanding (beyond the theoretical / academic) of the real-world applications of these products
We are an established manufacturer of braking, suspension and electronic braking systems for Autonomous Vehicles, with an international exposure supplying systems to major truck and trailer manufacturers.
We are an automotive giant operating Sales, R&D and Manufacturing all over the world with sites based in over 20 different countries covering Mainland Europe, Indo-China, South America and North America.
About half of our sales are generated in North America, one-third in Europe and the remainder in Asia and South America.
Our development and test facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance and career development opportunities.
This company have a proven track record of promoting from within. There is specific room for expansion within the growing electronics team for the right Engineer.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: electronics engineer, electronic design, PCB, P.C.B, component level, ORCAD, analogue, digital, circuit simulation, brake, systems, automotive, motorsport, aerospace, vehicle, autonomous, pspice, cadence, altium, autodesk eagle
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Electronics Engineer and reference JAC15235 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.