Develop a brand new 'best in class' function for our business, we are strong in the wholesale channel, but we want to improve how we create end user demand.
SALARY: £50,000 - £55,000
· Company Car / Car Allowance
· Contributory Pension Scheme
LOCATION: Covering nationally across the UK and ideally living within 1.5 hours of Watford.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Harlow, St. Albans, Slough, Aylesbury, Letchworth, Biggleswade, Bicester
JOB SPECIFICATION: Business Development Manager - Electrical Equipment
We are a market leading manufacturer of electrical equipment with a well-known and respected brand, this new role will take full responsibility for developing our relationships with the large industrial end users and utilities. We are strong in the wholesale channel, but we want to improve how we create end user demand. This will involve developing a ‘best in class’ proactive approach to managing the largest end user accounts including range, pricing, voice of customer, new product, marketing and sales support.
REQUIREMENTS: Business Development Manager - Electrical Equipment
Ideally you will probably have some or all the following skills in your background:
· Experience of strategic management of National or Key accounts.
· Experience of selling to utilities and large end users that have 4-500 plus engineers (including Transport, Rail, M E, FM, Construction, Military, Food Beverage and Telecoms), will be helpful but not a prerequisite.
· We design and manufacture electrical testing products and provide technical solutions, but we are happy to consider other product or service backgrounds.
· Developing relationships with multiple stake holders within clients and in house.
· The ability and desire to create new business as well as developing existing accounts.
WHY THIS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Electrical Equipment) ROLE?
· This is a brand-new, high-profile role in our business, we see it as central to our strategy over the next few years.
· A chance for you to influence how we trade and build a new function of your own from scratch.
· We are a market leader with a well known and trusted brand name.
· We have pioneered the design of some industry firsts and continue to invest in R D.
· Year on year growth for the last 5 years and we have ambitious further growth plans.
· We are very keen to improve our approach to end users so you will find a supportive management team, very enthusiastic about this appointment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Business Development Manager - Electrical Equipment
· Audit the current relationships, activity, data and success with the end users and understand our current offering.
· Prioritise a list of target end user accounts and develop a comprehensive plan to increase demand.
· Develop and improve the relationships with specifiers and purchasing teams along with other influential stake holders.
· Understand the voice of the customers by collecting insight into currently specified products, the purchasing cycles and new specifications required to win new business.
· Engage in tenders and purchasing programmes.
· Manage and improve the sales processes AND the supply channel through distributor or purchasing agency or direct.
· Develop our end user offering, mobilising in house expertise with stake holders in all the relevant departments.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical, Mechanical, Electronic, equipment, components, utilities, rail, transport, M E, Facilities Management, Construction, Food and Beverage, Telecoms, Military. National Account Manager, key Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Gerry Bell quoting Business Development Manager - Electrical Equipment to DD: 44 (0)1604 683303 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.