We are a market leading designer and manufacturer of innovative special purpose machinery / automation and require an experienced Controls Engineer with excellent Allen Bradley / Siemens / Mitsubishi PLC Programming skills. You will take ownership of projects from inception to completion - at our head office in Aylesbury.
SALARY: Between £40,000 and £55,000 dependant on experience
Excellent Holiday Package
Access to full company benefits package including Pension, DIS and Income Protection
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Oxford, Dunstable, Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford, Bicester, Buckingham, St. Albans, Watford, Slough, Northampton, Newport Pagnell
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· Tired of the treadmill? No challenges? Doing the same thing over and over? - With us you will be responsible for some huge projects, facing engineering challenges on a daily basis. You will run these projects from initial discussions through commissioning and beyond.
· Do you have aspirations of management? You will be given a chance to develop and lead the controls team.
· Interested in sales / commercial work? You can support the sales process. Sales ot for you? That's also fine. The role will evolve based on your experience and specialities.
With us, you will make a difference every day. If we succeed, then its because of our team - and we share that success with our employees.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Senior Controls Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery : PLC Programming (Allen Bradley / Siemens / Mitsubishi)
· This is a vitally important role for our business. The successful individual will work as the lead Controls Engineer responsible for the planning, design, development, commissioning and on-going support of projects from cradle to grave - Programming, specification and design of PLC driven control panels.
· You will utilise Allen Bradley / Siemens / Mitsubishi to code from scratch, test, debug and fault find as appropriate.
· You will be required to undertake global travel for commissioning - roughly six weeks away over the course of a year.
REQUIREMENTS: Senior Controls Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery : PLC Programming (Allen Bradley / Siemens / Mitsubishi)
To be considered for this role you MUST have the following experience:
· A strong proven track record of delivering machine control system projects through design, development, commissioning , customer training and on-going support.
· Excellent PLC programming experience - Allen Bradley / Siemens / Mitsubishi. The ability to write code from scratch, test, debug and fault find as appropriate.
· Whilst working to an agreed plan, you will be able to specify controls components required for the panel design and build - to ensure correct safety and power requirements meet current industry and CE standards.
Ideally, you will have a broad experience of different types of control systems, applications and sectors - as we work across a broad range of industries.
You will most probably be educated to degree level in Electrical / Electronic engineering or an appropriate alternative.
Established over 50 years ago, we are a specialist in the design, manufacture and delivery of innovative special purpose machinery / production automation modules and systems. We work across a hugely diverse range of sectors in industrial manufacturing including FMCG (food, drink, pharmaceutical) and Military applications.
There is huge potential for this role to evolve into a leadership / management role of the Controls Team (if appropriate and desired).
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Controls Engineer, PLC Engineer, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, PLC Programmer, PLC Programming, Service Engineer, Applications Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Automated Servo Pneumatic Assembly machines, Robotic Systems, Special Purpose Machinery, Packaging Machinery, Inspection Equipment, FMCG, PPMA, Process and Packaging Machinery, HMI, MMI, S7, Software Engineer, Automation Engineer.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Senior Controls Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery : PLC Programming (Allen Bradley / Siemens / Mitsubishi) and reference SP15398 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.