As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will take full responsibility for developing new and innovative automotive technology developed for safety critical environments. Based in Nuneaton, we’re a technology leader in the Autonomous vehicle market
· Flexible working scheme
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Tamworth, Leicester, Hinckley, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Loughborough, Northampton, Banbury
JOB DESCRIPTION: Embedded Software Engineer : Automotive / Autonomous Vehicles
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will take full responsibility for developing new and innovative automotive technology developed for safety critical environments. Based in Nuneaton, we’re a technology leader in the autonomous vehicle market.
We are a leading global automotive manufacturer of systems and components and have recently invested in a brand-new state of the art fully equipped R&D facility in the UK and seek two Embedded Software Engineers to continue our development and growth. As a global leader in our market, we design, develop and manufacture a range of systems and products which are supplied to major commercial automotive OEMs and Tier 1’s around the world.
We are looking for some of the best Automotive Engineers in the industry. You must be able to initiate change, take ownership and help drive new technologies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Embedded Software Engineer : Automotive / Autonomous Vehicles
You will manage the full software development life cycle on new and existing products from the initial concept, the product specification, the analysis, the software design, software implementation and then final product test.
Duties will include:
· To develop software for products according to TS16949 processes
· To develop software for in-house test purposes
· To support engineers from other disciplines in system development and testing
· To support service engineers in the field where specific assistance is required
· Follow product development processes including Project Management Model and APQP
As part of this role there will be opportunities to share ideas with our other R&D sites globally and this could include some international travel.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Embedded Software Engineer : Automotive / Autonomous Vehicles
To be considered for this role you MUST be educated to an ONC / HNC / HND / B. Eng. or above in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
You will also have:
· Appreciation of Software architecture and functional safety implications
· Any higher-level qualification in an engineering or computer systems related discipline
· Strong ‘C’ programming language skills
· ‘C ’ Windows programming language skills are also beneficial
· Use of ‘Safe C’ subsets e.g. MISRA
· Appreciation of the specific challenges of real time systems
· Appreciation of structured analysis and design techniques
· Some exposure to MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow is beneficial
· Understanding of compilers and linkers
· Understanding of microcontroller hardware
· Familiarity with emulators and debug tools
· Has the ability to work with others in a cross discipline team of engineers
· Has the ability to solve problems and be self-motivated
Ideally you will have an understanding of Automotive SPICE and understand SW coverage testing.
We are an automotive giant operating Sales, R&D and Manufacturing departments all over the world. We have sites based in over 20 different countries covering mainland Europe, Indo-China, South America and North America. Around 50% of our sales are generated in North America, one-third in Europe and the remainder in Asia and South America.
Our development and test facilities in Nuneaton are unsurpassed, as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development. We offer an excellent work / life balance and career development opportunities.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: software engineer, embedded software, software, MISRA, autonomous vehicles, automotive, TS16949, C , C#, microcontroller, hardware, windows, Linux, MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, RTOS, Realtime, real-time operating system.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.