We are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA) to join the business and work closely with the Divisional Financial Controller and play a pivotal part in forecasting and budgeting information to the Senior Management team
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000 (DOE)
· Group Benefits
· Contributory Pension
· 25 Days plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, Bristol,Oxford, Gloucester, Bath
JOB DESCRIPTION: European Assistant Financial Controller
Reporting to the European Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller serves as a key business partner to enable top line growth and operational efficiency. Functions include the reporting process (which includes reporting to both the parent company and internal management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: European Assistant Financial Controller
· Participation in all major financial decisions of the European Business
· Responsible for financial reporting of European business
· Financial Analysis of actual results to highlight variances to key strategic plans / forecasts
· Forecasting and planning (annual and long-range plans)
· Day to day management of local management team
PERSON SPECIFICATION: European Assistant FInancial Controller
· Ideally qualified to degree level
· A proven track record in a similar role, ideally from manufacturing
· Must be qualified in either ACCA or CIMA
· Experienced in reviewing and supervising accounting areas such as accounts payable, inventory, Invoicing / accounts receivable and payroll
· Proven track record of performing budgeting and forecasting, as well as drive simplification and continuous improvement within the business
· Experienced in developing and managing direct reports within the finance function
· Strong strategic leadership skills with a proven ability to operate as a strategic business partner.
· Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
· Good presentational skills. Must be able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
· Effective Self-Organisation
· Must have good working knowledge of accounting software in addition to very strong Excel skills, Intermediate Word and PowerPoint. Any knowledge of Power BI or other database software would be of particular interest
· There will be some European travel
We are part of a global manufacturing group operating in 57 countries and employing over 48,000 worldwide. Our industrial products and solutions are at work all over the world. From the spaces we live and work, cars we drive through to the mobile devices we rely on, you are never more than a few steps away from one of our innovative, specialist products or solutions.
We are there to ensure materials used to build everything from cars to bridges, airplanes, heavy machinery, buildings and railroads can handle the stresses of everyday use and help engineers, technicians and mechanics know when those parts have reached the end of their useful life.
They are now looking to strengthen their Finance team with a high calibre Assistant Financial Controller. The role has been created due to current company growth as well as projected growth plans.
We offer the genuine opportunity for career development within the company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Commercial Finance Manager, Company Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Accountant, Finance Business Partner CIMA, ACCA, AAT
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note : Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.