We are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join the business and work across 2 Business Units reporting directly to the Global Financial Controller.
BASIC SALARY: £60,000 – £65,000
- Group Benefits
- Contributory Pension
- 25 Days Holidays plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bath, Newbury, Bristol, Oxford
JOB DESCRIPTION: European Financial Controller : Global Manufacturing Group
Reporting to the Global Financial Controller, the European Financial Controller serves as a key business partner to enable top line growth and operational efficiency. Functions include the reporting process (which includes reporting to both the parent company and internal management).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: European Financial Controller : Global Manufacturing Group
- Participation in all major financial decisions of the European Business
- Responsible for Financial reporting of European Business
- Financial Analysis of actual results to highlight variances to key strategic plans/forecasts
- Forecasting and planning (Annual and Long-Range Plans)
- Day to day management of accounting team across two business units
- Proactive internal reporting – Identify potential issues/opportunities and recommend solutions
PERSON SPECIFICATION: European Financial Controller : Global Manufacturing Group
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- Must be qualified in either ACCA or CIMA
- Experienced in reviewing and supervising accounting areas such as accounts payable, inventory, Invoicing/accounts receivable and payroll
- Good knowledge of Cost Accounting is essential
- Proven track record of performing budgeting and forecasting, as well as driving simplification and continuous improvement within the business
- Experienced in developing and managing direct reports within the finance function
- Strong strategic leadership skills with a proven ability to operate as a strategic business partner.
- Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
- Good presentational skills. Must be able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Effective Self-Organisation
- Must have good working knowledge of accounting software in addition to very strong Excel skills, Intermediate Word and PowerPoint. Any knowledge of Power BI or other database software would be of particular interest
- There will be some European travel
We are part of a global manufacturing group operating in 57 countries and employing over 48,000 worldwide. Our industrial products and solutions are at work all over the world. From the spaces we live and work, cars we drive through to the mobile devices we rely on, you are never more than a few steps away from one of our innovative, specialist products or solutions.
We are there to ensure materials used to build everything from cars to bridges, airplanes, heavy machinery, buildings and railways can handle the stresses of everyday use and help engineers, technicians and mechanics know when those parts have reached the end of their useful life.
We are now looking to strengthen our Finance team with a high calibre European Financial Controller
The role has been created due to a recent promotion and current company growth as well as projected growth plans.
We offer the genuine opportunity for career development within the company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles in the past or currently:
Financial Controller, Commercial Finance Manager, Company Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Accountant, Finance Business Partner CIMA, ACCA, AAT
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP1805, Wallace Hind Selection