We are the world leader of laboratory and on-line precision viscosity control instrumentation and as part of our on-going global growth strategy we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced European Sales Manager to take responsibility for developing new direct clients and managing our existing European Distributor network
SALARY: £70,000 base
BENEFITS: 15% Variable Bonus Fully Expensed Car / Car Allowance 25 Days Holidays plus Stats Pension Life Assurance Family Medical Insurance
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Chelmsford, Stevenage, North London, Bishops Stortford, Potters Bar
THE OPPORTUNITY - European Sales Manager
Reporting to the International Director of Sales the role will suit a commercially orientated European Sales Manager who has experience of developing new key accounts within our target markets alongside managing our existing base of 39 European Distributors and Channel Partners. Candidates will be expected to spearhead the drive for new business sales with major multi-national manufacturers and support out distributors across all their sales-orientated activities, such as sales promotions, marketing, exhibitions, recruitment & training of existing and new authorized resellers to improve the added value.
The European Distributor Manager / Export Sales Manager will be responsible for:
· Developing and implementing commercial strategies to increase sales volumes and added value with new direct/OEM accounts at C level within the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Adhesives, Heath & Beauty and Industrial Liquid Consumable markets
· Supporting an existing network of 30 In-Country Distributors and Partners across 30 European countries (excluding UK & Germany) to add sales value
· Managing a team of European Product and Sales specialists
· Translating monthly data and information from direct and distributors channels to produce accurate sales forecasts and growth funnels
· Engaging with Marketing and Product Management teams to generate maximum impact in the regions
· Working with Partners to agree and achieve sales targets & volume, volume rebates and contract changes
· Managing pricing, margins & costs to maximise sales and profitability
· Building on the success of the existing network of Partners, coach & drive continuous improvements as well as analysing new routes to further develop market and customer penetration.
Person Requirements: European Sales Manager
· Proven track record in successfully developing major new OEM / end user accounts at C level within the Pharmaceutical, Adhesives, Chemicals, Health & Beauty, Cosmetic, Industrial Liquid Consumables sectors.
· Experience of managing European distributors / distribution channels
· Ability to manage a small but growing team of European Product Specialists and Sales Executives
· Technical qualification in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or related similar discipline
· Customer focused attitude, strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
· Solutions orientated: able to translate technical product information into strong customer value propositions
· Able to disseminate and interrogate data and produce meaningful and accurate forecasting (experience of Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce or similar CRM system is essential)
· Experience of working in a multicultural organisation
· Ability to manage resistance to change
· Strong effective decision making, organisational and time management skills
· Fluent in English, written and spoken (a second European language is desirable)
· Full, clean, current UK driving licence
· Prepared to undertake regular European travel
For 80 years we have been considered the world leader in laboratory and online precision viscosity control instrumentation and are renowned for setting the world standard for viscosity measurement.
The majority of the pharmaceutical, chemical, health & beauty, adhesives manufacturers R&D laboratories rely on our equipment to ensure the most rigorous quality standards are met.
More recently we have expanded our expertise into other measurement disciplines including texture analysis, moisture analysis and powder flow testing allowing us to move into a broader range of applications and industries.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Export Sales Manager, Distributor Sales Manager, European Distributor Sales Manager, Sales Manager (Europe), European Channel Manager, Distributor Partner Manager, Distributor Channel Manager, Instrumentation Distribution, Precision Instrumentation, Electronic Instrumentation, Precision Engineering, Laboratories, Calibration, Viscosity, Rheometers, Texture Analysis, Powder Flow, Electronic Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting European Sales Manager and reference TF14872 to 44 (0) 1604 683304 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.