Rapidly expanding UK subsidiary of a worldwide automation components and sensors manufacturer seeks an engineering qualified, experienced Field Sales Engineer, or Internal or possibly graduate Technical Field Sales Engineer, to further develop the OEM and machine builder markets in the South East of England.
BASIC SALARY: £38,000 – £48,000 – dependant on experience with possible flexibility.
· On Target Commission £8,000 – £10,000 – very achievable and uncapped
· Company Car – Golf type to start Audi A4/ VW Passatt – or equivalent – can be upgraded to Mercedes C Class, BMW 3 Series or equivalent)
· Fuel Card
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· Hotel Card
· Contributory Pension
· Full Home Communications Package including Broadband, Laptop and Mobile etc.
LOCATION: South East England including London
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Hampshire, East Sussex, West Sussex, Kent, Greater London, Middlesex, Surrey – ideally located within easy reach of the M25.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Field Sales Engineer, Graduate Field Sales Engineer – Automation Components, Sensors to OEM’s and Machine Builders
· After an initial one-month, full induction training programme (which will then be on-going) including sales and technical – both in the UK and European HQ, you will be given the London and South East territory to develop.
· Although there will also be existing clients and significant business on the area, there will also be a new business content using a database of potential clients, following up on exhibition and internet generated leads, Linkedin, your own market research and your own lead generation.
· You will be dealing at all levels from Design Engineer up to Director level at customers who are mainly OEMs with some end user contact.
· There is also a lot of scope to grow the area, with potential to double it in size selling to customers across automotive, food, pharmaceutical and packaging machinery, and equipment OEM markets.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Field Sales Engineer, Graduate Field Sales Engineer – Automation Components, Sensors to OEM’s and Machine Builders
To be considered for this potentially rewarding role in terms of remuneration and career progression you will have:
A proven track record of success in technical or engineering field sales, preferably selling industrial automation components to OEMs, ideally with a good mechanical knowledge or understanding as these are electronic components but solving mechanical problems for the customer.
Some field sales, or possibly internal / office-based Sales Engineer / Technical sales or Applications Engineer experience and a relevant engineering qualification ideally degree level or a good mechanical and electronics knowledge. (Preferably not essentially you will have sold components into mechanical OEMs).
My client would also consider engineering qualified applications with a non-sales background with some customer liaison experience with a real desire to get into sales.
What is most important is your desire to succeed and exceed targets, and progress in a competitive technical/ engineering sales environment.
My client has a very good track record of developing and nurturing less experienced candidates.
Established for over 30 years across 50 countries worldwide, my client is the UK subsidiary of a leading European manufacturer of a wide range of electronic components including vision systems and sensors, safety light barriers and systems also ident readers, barcode scanners and fluid sensors. They supply a very broad range of industrial and process machinery OEM’s across automotive, food & pharmaceutical, process, and packaging amongst others.
They are a byword for quality in their market, manufacturing industry leading technology and products in terms of innovation and applications that really work. We have experienced consistent 15-20% growth per annum in the last 10 years
There is a lot of potential for the successful applicant to grow the role, and their career with a stable, well established and growing UK operation with a low staff turnover that takes a long term view on business, and gives its field sales personnel support and time to succeed.
Specifically you could go into product / sales specialism or sales management- there are examples of present team members who have taken this career path.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Technical Field Sales Engineer, Engineer, Trainee Field Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Manager, Internal Sales Engineer, Technical Sales – Automation Components, Sensors to OEM’s and Machine Builders
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP17494, Wallace Hind Selection