This World leading manufacturer of precision detectors, nuclear instrumentation and analysis software has a superb opportunity for either an MSc or PhD (Physics or similar) graduate with ambitions to move into sales or someone with experience who is looking to further their sales career. Southern UK & Ireland
SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000
BENEFITS: OTE £38,000 - 48,000 Car or Car Allowance Pension 25 Days Holidays
LOCATION: Wokingham or Home
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, Basingstoke, Newbury, Oxford, London
The Opportunity: Field Sales Engineer (Graduate or Experienced) - Radiation Detection Equipment
We are seeking a either a recent MSc or PhD graduate or a consultative, solutions-based business developer to take responsibility for managing and supporting our regional & key account sales channels within the nuclear power, defence, academia & nuclear weapons industries across Southern UK & Ireland. Excellent training & support.
The role will appeal to you if you can:
· Identify and contact prospective customers via telephone, email, on-site visits and exhibitions
· Generate quotations optimised to customer need, budget and competition to sell the range of technical products and achieve targets
· Generate and manage the forecast for the assigned territory Southern UK & Ireland
· Provide technical support and solutions for a wide range of specialist customers across: nuclear power, defence, universities and the nuclear weapons market sectors
· Travel to customer sites and exhibitions estimated at >50%
Person Requirements: Field Sales Engineer (Graduate or Experienced) - Radiation Detection Equipment
· Degree qualified in Physics, Chemistry or Electronic Engineering
· Ideally candidates will have gained some sales experience in a similar or related field, however, recent graduates with a desire to move into sales will also be actively encouraged
· Possess significant knowledge of the nuclear and radiation industry that will allow you to both support and provide sales solutions for a wide range of specialist customers
· Ability to establish long term working relationships and consult with a wide variety of professional customers: Engineers, Chemists, Physicists, Health & Safety, Academics, Geologists, Archaeologists & Government Departments
· Strong communication skills: verbal and written, especially in producing accurate and well-presented tender documentation
· Full and current driving licence
We are an industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced high purity germanium and silicon detectors for gamma rays and charged particles solving radiation detection challenges with multiple product solutions. As a well-established brand with over 50% of the UK and 25% of the world markets our products include precision detectors, nuclear instrumentation, analysis software and systems for industry, academia and government agencies.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: MSc, PhD, Physics, Graduate, Field Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Business Development Manager, Regional Sales Engineer, Sales Account Manager, Technical Support, Experimental Physicist, Physicist, Materials Analysis, Spectrometers, Precision Detectors, Nuclear Instrumentation, Radioactivity, CBRN, Analysis Software, High Purity Germanium, Gamma/Alpha Spectroscopy systems, Quantitative Spectroscopy, Isotopes, Particle Detectors, Electronic Engineering, Test & Measurement, Nuclear Security, Radiochemistry, Neutron Detectors, Health Physics, Semiconductor Physics, Radiation Protection, Experimental Physics, Biomedical Imaging
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Field Sales Engineer - Radiation Detection and reference TF15172 to email@example.com Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.