A well-established Loughborough based Forklift company is seeking an experienced Engineer to join their service team covering a patch within 2 hours of their office.
SALARY: Up to £30,000 (dependant on your experience for the first 40 hours)
BENEFITS: Paid Overtime (door to door @ time & a half) Branded Company van
LOCATION: Loughborough, Leicestershire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Burton Upon Trent, Melton Mowbray, Tamworth, Hinckley, Nuneaton
Area: East Midlands; covering predominately: Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
Why you should apply:
· You will get great hands on support and training including: specific customer forklift / forklift truck training with Jungheinrich
· Covering the East Midlands - you will NEVER be required to stay away overnight or work more than 2 hours away from the office (usually within 1 hour)
· Paid overtime over 40 hours a week door to door, ensures that you are paid your worth
JOB SPECIFICATION: Field Service Engineer - Forklift Trucks
· Planned preventative maintenance (PPM), repairs and servicing of forklifts, attending breakdowns where needed and performing electrical diagnosis and mechanical / hydraulic repairs where required
· Working with new and existing clients to ensure high levels of customer service are given
· Provide great advice and clear information to customers regarding their equipment, service, repairs and inspection and advise actions that might be required to maintain the Forklifts
· Liaise effectively with the stores department to ensure that the appropriate stock levels are held in your company vehicle
· Maintain high levels of Health & Safety in house and on customer sites
· Ensure internal and external documentation is completed to company standards
You should live within 40 minutes of Loughborough or be prepared to relocate to that area as there could be days when you are not out on site and you will expected to provide service and maintenance in-house in their workshop on the Forklifts / Forklift trucks
REQUIREMENTS: Field Service Engineer - Forklift Trucks
· A strong engineering background (electrical and mechanical, but ideally an electrical bias with hands on service / maintenance experience on Forklifts / Forklift trucks)
· Experienced in a similar role with a track record of service and / or static maintenance with; Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV), mobile plant, forklifts, material handling or an ex forces military vehicle background
· Exposure to Electrics and Hydraulics
· Excellent customer facing skills, Full UK driving license, A comprehensive toolbox, a mature, flexible and adaptable approach to working on forklifts / forklift trucks
Qualifications: Solid engineering background, ideally apprentice trained with C&G and / or NVQ to accompany
Well established Forklift Truck company, formed over 15 years ago and an approved supplier and reseller to the major forklift manufacturers such as: Linde, Jungheinrich, and Caterpillar. Solid Engineering team with a wealth of experience.
Career progression as the current hands on Service Manager joined the company as a Field Service Engineer on Forklift Trucks.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Forklift, fork-lift, mobile, plant, field, service, engineer, technician, installation, commissioning, mechanic, mechanical, materials handling, vehicle, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, HGV, Linde, Jungheinrich, Caterpillar, workshop, recondition, Doosan, komatsu, linde, hyster, Mitsubishi, heli, Toyota, jeakue, counter-balance, counterbalance, trucks
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Field Service Engineer - Forklift Trucks and reference JAC14816 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.