As a Global business with worldwide reach employing over 1900 people, you would think that finding a visible role where you can be extremely influential in bringing about positive organisational change would be difficult, but this role is the exception.
SALARY: £65,000 - £75,000
· Bonus up to 20%
· Car Allowance
· Healthcare, 25 Days Holiday stats
· Share Scheme
· Additional Group Benefit options
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester, Stoke-on-Trent, Blackburn
JOB DESCRIPTION: Global Procurement Manager - Substrates / Industrial & Healthcare / Adhesives
The primary focus of this role is to implement and manage the procurement strategy for the Substrate, Outsourced and Packaging categories.
With an expectancy to spend around 30% of your time travelling to UK and international sites, key elements of the role will be to:
· Drive through and deliver year on year savings and provide support to the group across your categories
· Design and implement sustainable supply chains, ensuring continuity of supply and optimisation of lead times MOQs, inventory and other key supply chain parameters
· Evaluate and monitor key commodity market dynamics and trends
· Pro actively provide relevant and timely information to key stakeholders to enable appropriate decision making
· Across Global sites, support the visibility and P&L / cash opportunities on packaging, key factory consumables and on-site utilities spending
This is a rare opportunity to join a very visible procurement function and help develop your categories from a relatively blank canvass.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Global Procurement Manager - Substrates / Industrial & Healthcare / Adhesives
Ideally you will be a qualified procurement specialist holding either CIPs / MCIPs or the equivalent, you will also have gained experience of hands on Global sourcing.You will understand the challenges and nuances of setting up supply chains and procuring products in different countries across the world.
You will also ideally have:
· Proven ability in the development and implementation of Procurement and supply chain tools, techniques and practices
· Experience of chemical procurement be it raw material or otherwise i.e. mono and polymeric PVC, PE foams, PU foams, LDPE films, polyester cloths, nylons, cotton and glass cloth
· A proven track record of delivering results and achieving cost savings and improvements in other supply chain metrics
· A good understanding of associated manufacturing processes i.e. extrusion technologies, calendaring etc
We are a global supplier of bonding solutions and manufacturer of adhesive-based products for the Healthcare and Industrial markets. We have a wide-reaching global footprint, with 19 manufacturing and operations facilities in 10 countries across Europe, North and South America and Asia.
With the support of the Head of Global Supply Chain and direct access to the board, this role will require a candidate who is a strong people person with excellent relationship building skills.
Extensive training will be given in all aspects of our products, current suppliers and contracts.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Chemicals, Cleaning Chemicals, Adhesives, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.