There’s lots of boring and mundane products and industries you could work in. . . How about building a career with a market leading specialist? Stretch your design skills and become an expert within a niche sector. The skills you learn on our bespoke projects will set you up for the rest of your career!
BASIC SALARY: Up to £30,000
· Annual bonus
· Good holiday package, rising with service
· Access to company benefits including pension scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bath, Shepton Mallett, Shaftsbury, Salisbury, Chippenham, Frome, Gillingham, Amesbury, Trowbridge, Bristol, Andover
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· This is a genuine opportunity to take your education / experience and put it to work. You’ll be building a career as a design engineer with a growing, profitable and well-established manufacturer of a high value – low volume systems – a highly niche, hydraulic product. Everyone in our industry knows us and knows that we’re the best.
· This job will provide training and support and you’ll become an design engineering expert in this field. The skills you learn working on these bespoke projects will set you up for the rest of your career.
· Lots of jobs have you sat on the same treadmill – doing the same thing over and over, and what you do doesn’t seem to matter in the big picture. Here, you will be a key part of each project and the choices you make, and the problems you solve will be fundamental to the success of the company as a whole.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Junior / Graduate : Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
This is a graduate trainee Draughtsperson / Design Engineer role. As the role develops you will become responsible for full design, drawing (draughting) and engineering in consultation with clients to specific requirements – including elements of custom / bespoke design engineering features. Customers are a mix of main contractors through to architects and designers, primarily working within education and hospitality / entertainment industries.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Junior / Graduate : Design Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
You’ll, either from education or work experience, have experience of draughting engineering drawings from scratch and an understanding of sheet metal fabrication.
· You should have some exposure to any of the following software packages: Autodesk / AutoCAD, Inventor (3D) / Solidworks etc.
· You should also have ‘hands-on’ practical engineering skills and an understanding of sheet metal fabrication / manipulation. This could have come from projects in education / work placements / employment.
· You should be comfortable interacting with customers both on the phone and face to face.
· This is a mechanical engineering role. Any exposure to electrical engineering would, however, be an advantage.
We’re a profitable, market leading manufacturer in a very niche industry. To help the continued development of the company we require a skilled Design Engineer to join our team, to continue their development. Established for over 15 years and now turning over in excess of £5m, we are a design led engineering business that has enjoyed excellent growth year on year.
There is a development role within the company and one which will develop into a full 3D / 2D CAD Design Engineer role. The right candidate will be given an opportunity to grow within this role and take on larger projects / promotion to the sales team / new product development etc.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Trainee Design Engineer / Graduate Design Engineer / Graduate Draughtsperson / Draughtsman / Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer / Research & Development Engineer / Mechanical Engineer : Sheet Metal Fabrication / Education / Theatre / Entertainment / Stadiums
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: SP16010, Wallace Hind Selection