Experienced Group Procurement Manager / Head of Purchasing, based in the West Midlands required to strategically review and amalgamate 4 separate company procurement teams and sites into one group purchasing function.
SALARY: £65,000 - £70,000
· Company Bonus
· 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
· Group Pension
LOCATION: West Midlands
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Birmingham, Telford, Kidderminster, Wolverhampton
JOB SPECIFICATION: Group Procurement Manager / Head of Purchasing
This is genuinely, an opportunity to create a buying platform from a relatively blank canvas and will require a candidate who is strong willed and confident in their approach.
· Manage, restructure and develop an existing buying team into an efficient procurement unit
· Manage a total spend of circa £26 million
· Create a new strategic approach to consolidate our range and product offering and manage global suppliers
· Implement new SLA’s and KPI’s to drive efficiencies, cost reductions and improve margins
· Obtain “Best Value” out of the current procurement relationships and where needed, instigate new more profitable relationships
REQUIREMENTS: Group Procurement Manager / Head of Purchasing
We are interested in receiving applications from experienced Purchasing Managers or Head Buyers who:
· Have worked within a similar, sales led or distribution / catalogue type organisations where multiple SKU’s and products are purchased globally.
· Can create and drive purchasing processes with a strategic vision (utilising SAP or similar IT systems) for our business and adopt a Category Management process across the group.
It is important you:
· Have strong hands on leadership skills, able to motivate and inspire.
· Question the status quo, challenging others to improve processes and systems.
· Have demonstrable experience of working with MRP systems.
· SAP or Dynamic 365 experience would be highly advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
· Are prepared to roll your sleeves up and work above and beyond the call of duty when the business and customer demands require this.
Part of a privately-owned global Group, we are one of the UK’s leading one stop suppliers of a wide range of products, project designs and services to the Educational, Library and Civil Institutional market sectors through online platforms and traditional catalogue sales.
As part of a family-owned global enterprise, we are committed to grow our UK and international business across our four divisions. Due to a recent, significant strategic initiative and restructure, we wish to recruit a Head of Purchasing to take complete responsibility for managing the transition of four purchasing functions into one group purchasing function.
As a point of reference, it is highly likely you will have held any one of the following job roles:Purchasing Director, Head of Purchasing, Head of Procurement, Senior Purchasing Manager, Head Buyer, Senior Buyer. Membership of CIPS would be beneficial.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
Interested? Please email our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting reference Head of Purchasing to email@example.com Wallace Hind Selection. Tel: 01604 683306. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. www.wallacehind.com Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.