Is there ever a right time to look for your next role? The right time is something we are very passionate about; we are looking for an ambitious finance specialist with excellent people skills to join our team. Possessing proven business acumen and commercialism, this is a genuine opportunity for you to make your mark on an established but growing business.
BASIC SALARY: £50,000 – £60,000
- 25 Days Holiday
LOCATION: Newport Pagnell
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Northampton, Aylesbury, Brackley
JOB DESCRIPTION: Head of Finance & Operations: Homeware / Retail
This is a unique opportunity to become a driving force in a business offering the comforts as well as the excitement of a fast paced, growing but established SME. This role will have the genuine opportunity and autonomy to help shape the progression of a business undergoing a rapid but realistic growth plan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Head of Finance & Operations: Homeware / Retail
The successful candidate will be ideally working for fast paced SME business or have extensive experience within a progressive business with a turnover of somewhere between £5-£20million. Alternatively, you may well aspire to move into an organisation with aggressive growth expectations, where your insights and work can genuinely impact the progress of the business. This is a commercial finance role and will include exposure to all aspects of our business as well as external customers and suppliers.
The main duties will include:
- Complete strategic and commercial responsibility of the day to day finance and overall business functions with direct reporting to the Managing Director
- Motivate, lead and mentor financial team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback & support
- Preparation and submission of all company financial information including Statutory Accounts, VAT & Tax reports
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Prepare all cash flow statements, forecasts and budgets
- Assist in the management of non-finance aspects of the business including Facilities, QC, Purchasing & Supply Chain and Warehousing
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Head of Finance & Operations: Homeware / Retail
As the Head of Finance & Operations you will have a wealth of experience leading a commercially focused finance function within an SME environment. We would be delighted to receive applications from Financial Controllers/ Directors/ Business Partners or Financially qualified General Managers with aspirations to secure a move to a progressive business where your insights and suggestions will have the potential to shape the organisation.
In addition, you will have:
- A finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) would be preferred although we are happy to receive applications from candidates who are qualified by experience (QBE)
- Strong management experience twinned with excellent communication skills and the willingness to have commercial input at ground and board level
- The ability to take an overall commercial view of our business and have an input into change and progression from a financial perspective
- A wealth of strategic planning experience
- Experience of legal, personnel, QC, health & safety and company secretarial issues
We distribute all over the world. We punch well above our weight as a close knit, hard working team who always try and go above and beyond.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Finance Manager, Senior Accountant, Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Assistant Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Finance Director, Finance, General Manager, Head of Finance & Operations, General Manager, and Commercial Director.
Please Note – Wallace Hind Selection have been selected as our exclusive retained partner so any direct applications from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to them.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MT15945, Wallace Hind Selection