Our machinery is impressive and serious! We have fantastic staff, and we are looking for a Head of Finance / Finance Manager with an abundance of SME experience! Based out of our Northampton office, we operate in a niche construction industry and are seeking a qualified and experienced Head of Finance.
BASIC SALARY: Salary £70,000
· 25 days holiday + stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Daventry, Leicester, Wellingborough, Kettering, Rugby
JOB DESCRIPTION: Head of Finance / Finance Manager – Construction, Finance
As the Head of Finance / Finance Manager your focus will be to manage all aspects of the company’s financial management, administration, governance, compliance, and budgetary planning.
You will be responsible for the accurate completion of all accounting, financial processes, and transactions, including the creation and submission of all management reports. This is a very hands-on role and will suit someone who comes from a strong finance background with an appreciation of how the numbers are used to shape a developing business.
Reporting directly to the UK Managing Director, your key tasks will be to:
· Directly manage the entire finance function of the company, ensuring the integrity of all reports and processes
· Directly manage the Office Administrator, Credit Controller and Assistant Management Accountant
· Prepare for the annual financial accounts and audit
· Submit monthly management accounts efficiently and accurately
· Support the Managing Director with the management of the business, creating forecasting models and assessing risks
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Head of Finance / Finance Manager – Construction, Finance
Ultimately, you will be an excellent communicator used to managing many different aspects of the finance responsibilities. The successful candidate will have experience creating financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
You will also be able to demonstrate success as a Finance Manager, Head of Finance or Finance Director ideally within a technical or engineering environment for a growing SME, as well as being:
· A hands-on operator with excellent finance skills: Must be ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified
· A candidate who sees the importance of attention to detail, ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations whilst documenting all processes accurately.
· Excited by the prospect of being able to have input into strategic decision making using commercial awareness and business acumen.
· A keen team player
· Confident in your literacy, numeracy, and IT skills.
We are growing, and pride ourselves on our technical knowledge, expertise, and the professional service we deliver. We are a subsidiary of a European manufacturing group, one of Europe’s market leading manufacturers of machinery and equipment. We provide solutions for a variety of industrial and commercial uses.
· Give you the autonomy to maximise the role.
· Offer genuine potential to be part of something niche that is growing.
· Welcome you into a small but passionate team. We work hard, and are recognised for our product, brand, and technical support.
It is highly likely that you will have worked in the following roles and/or markets and have some experience with the following products and/or services: Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Director of Finance, Finance and Commercial Manager, Chief Financial Officer, Financial Planning & Analysis, Head of Finance, Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Senior Accountant – Construction, Heavy Plant, Off Highway, Piling, Drilling, Equipment Hire.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: LO17510 Wallace Hind Selection Ltd