We are looking for an experienced Head of Product Development / Portfolio Development Manager, with a proven capability of working within the education & skills sector. You will relish the opportunity to take ownership for our entire New Product Development and implementation strategy, focused on providing Children & Young People with the skills they need to succeed in today’s commercial world.
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000
· Car Allowance
· Non Contributory 6% Pension
· 25 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
· 4 x Salary Life Assurance
· Optional Private Medical
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Newark, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Gainsborough, Sheffield, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Boston, Grantham, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Peterborough, Spalding, Corby, Northampton, Kettering, Melton Mowbray, Rugby
You’d apply for this Head of Product Development role position because:
· You want to use your combined teaching qualifications & experience along with your strong commercial New Product Development capabilities, to create and deliver evidence based educational programmes that have real impact.
· You know what makes an outstanding educational programme or product and you’re looking for a place where you have the autonomy to let your creative juices flow.
· You want to work with an organisation where your input will have a direct, positive benefit to people’s lives.
JOB PROFILE: Head of Product Development / Portfolio Development Manager
We’re a vibrant, dynamic and successful Social Enterprise that has consistently grown over the last 18 years to become one of the leading lights in our sector. To drive the next exciting stage of our evolution we are seeking an experienced Head of Product Development / Portfolio Development Manager to develop, design and take to market, outstanding, commercially viable, educational programmes that span the full phases of learning (schools, colleges, work based learning and higher / further education).
Operating as part of the Senior Leadership team and reporting to the Chief Executive, you will work closely with the Head of Sales and Head of Delivery. Your key responsibilities will include:
· Conducting detailed market research / analysis to identify key relevant educational trends.
· The development of evidence based Educational Programmes targeted at generating revenue through the market capitalisation of those key trends.
· Carrying out piloting and market testing of New Products prior to launch and hand-over to both the Sales and Delivery teams.
· The development of a framework to measure the ongoing success of each New Product within the portfolio (including social impact) ensuring they are continuously relevant and up to date.
· Strategically identify external funding streams that could support ongoing product direction.
· The generation of income through a clear ROI, based on your programmes.
You will also use your knowledge and experience to engage with key external stakeholders particularly Local Authorities, CCG’s, Schools, Colleges, CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service), Third Party Providers and other Educational Settings, in the ongoing identification and development of New Product plans.
The above is a summary of the key areas of responsibility, a full role breakdown can be provided upon application.
Head of Product Development / Portfolio Development Manager Personal Profile:
To be considered for this role you MUST be degree level qualified and have a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, QTS or similar) as well as the hands-on experience that comes from time spent in a classroom or similar learning and skills training environment.
You will also have strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of developing and taking to market, exceptional, engaging, New Educational Products that are relevant, evidence based and financially viable.
Established in 2001, we are a successful, passionate social enterprise that employs over 60 people across 3 UK locations. We create innovative partnerships with organisations that help to support young people to develop the skills they need to thrive and survive in today’s commercial world.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Product Development, Head of Product Development, Head of Portfolio Development, Programme Development, Programme Manager, Head of Education Product Development, Head of Learning and Development, Education Portfolio Development Manager, New Product Development, Education Manager, Educational Content, Educational Programmes, Education Software, Education Services, Education Technology, Teaching and Learning Skills, PGCE, QTS, Local Authorities, CCG’s, Primary, Secondary, Colleges, CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service), Further Education, University, Apprenticeship.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Head of Product Development and reference LH15347 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.