A genuine ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to define, implement and manage the manufacturing, procurement and supply chain strategy of an award winning, innovative and entrepreneurial global market leader within the technology led retail display sector. Boasting an enviable client base of the world’s most prestigious and respected blue chip brands, our client is looking for the ‘best of the best’ to support unparalleled levels of growth across the EMEA region.
SALARY: £65,000 - £75,000
· Large Company Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Tamworth, Melton Mowbray, Loughborough, Burton upon Trent, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Corby
The preferred candidate will probably have started their working life in a manufacturing role within the retail display, shop fit or interior design sectors before embarking on a successful career in procurement for a recognised and respected leader in its field. CIPS qualified, you will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of what makes for a best in class procurement and supply chain model and able to demonstrate the ability to implement these disciplines in a fast paced, challenging and competitive landscape.
Working with global technology giants, you will ideally have a broad understanding and interest in the latest consumer electronics and connected home trends as well as knowledge of modern production methods and materials (including joinery, metalwork, plastics and acrylics, injection moulding, 3D printing, AR and data capture).
This is not a role for someone who is looking to maintain the status quo or is happy to work within existing systems and processes, this is a truly unique and exciting opportunity for a driven, ambitious and experienced procurement professional to stamp their own mark on a well respected and fast paced global business.
Working alongside the Company’s Business Unit Heads, Design Engineers and Project Managers your Head of Production, Supply & Procurement role will encompass:
· The design, development and implementation a coherent manufacturing, procurement and supply strategy across the EMEA business
• Build, develop and lead an expanding team spanning internal and contract manufacture; procurement of raw materials/components; assembly: logistics and supply chain; estimating/cost compilation and QC/QA
• The development and implementation of best practice processes and systems across the EMEA operation, managed and driven through relevant and effective KPI’s measurement and reporting
• Implementation of robust QA/QC standards and measures to drive internal and 3rd party supplier quality to ISO standards.
• Build current production capacity and capability through the identification, audit and negotiation of global 3rd party vendors and drive continual improvement through strategic supplier partnerships and balanced supplier scorecard initiatives
• Effective planning and scheduling to ensure raw material flow and internal/contract manufacture exceed industry leading levels of OTIF delivery and customer satisfaction
• Experience of generating significant procurement savings through supplier collaboration, expert negotiation and value engineering
· Pro active, dynamic, ambitious self-starter who has the initiative and drive to make things happen
· Committed and high work ethic (this is not a 9 to 5 role!) but also good sense of humour (work hard, play hard ethic!)
· Strong negotiator with the presence, credibility and gravitas to operate at all levels (both supply and client facing)
· Results driven and used to working to tight deadlines
· Ability to strategize but prepared to be hands on to develop and implement process
· Team leader – recruit, manage, develop and drive multi functional teams, lead by example
· Team player – part of the EMEA senior management team
· Ideally, comes with a black book of proven global suppliers, vendors and manufacturers from within the sector
· Challenging, questioning
· Extremely well structured, disciplined and strong attention to detail
Genuine opportunity for further career advancement within the worldwide Group
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Procurement Manager, Head of Procurement, Supply Manager, Supply Chain Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Philip Monkman quoting Head of Production, Supply & Procurement and reference PM15431 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683308 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.