Owing to our business creating a new strategy which integrates two project-based organisations (from within the group), we now require a Head of Sales for this newly formed Projects Division. As a commercially focused Sales Manager you will lead and develop the sales team to offer project solutions for Interior Design, FF&E and Design & Technology Equipment to the Education and Civic sectors, in new and existing markets.
BASIC: £60,000 to £70,000
· 10% Bonus
· Car Allowance (£4,800 pa)
· 5% ER contribution, 3.25% EE
· 25 Days Holiday
· 4 x DIS
Based: Predominately in our Northamptonshire office (additional national and international travel to support your team)
You could currently live: Northampton, Leicester, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Peterborough, Cambridge, Coventry, Oxford, Banbury, Luton
Why read on?:
· A fresh new role that you will evolve and progress.
· A business which will engage with you, giving you the autonomy and authority to install the processes and values required.
· The opportunity to take an instrumental role in leading and developing the sales strategy and commercial operations for the business.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Head of Sales - Projects Team
We are now in the enviable position of being able to offer a solution / consultative approach to sales rather than purely transaction.
Key areas of the Project business include:
· Design & Technical specification of interior projects.
· Consultant Design and Strategic Advisor services.
· Sale of furniture and equipment.
· Project Management and Installation.
· Equipment Maintenance Services and Repairs.
Reporting to the Divisional Director of Projects, the Head of Sales will play a critical role in not only the development and delivery of our future sales strategy, but crucially the creation and implementation of a new margin focused sales culture.
A full job brief will be made available to short listed candidates but in summary: -
You will be responsible for:
· Leading the sales function from the front, developing new business and ensuring you have a visual presence with our customer base.
· Managing the commercial functions of the Sales team, including; monitoring team and individual sales targets, ensuring project margins are achieved, identifying and developing strategies to win work, implementation of profitable and effective tendering processes and production of monthly sales and KPI reporting.
· Motivating, developing and adding to the existing and proposed team (c12 staff – 6 external sales, 2 Estimators, 1 Bid Writer, 1 Buyer, 1 eMarketing Manager and 1 Sales Administrator).
· The overall revenue and profit performance (target c£12 million pa).
· Working closely with strategic group Marketing to develop brand awareness and increase market penetration.
· Growing the business with key client types: Major Contractors, Schools, Universities and Local Authorities in the UK and Internationally.
What experience should you have: Head of Sales - Projects Team
First and foremost, you MUST be a margin focused sales professional; this is not a ‘me to’ product, with order values ranging from £15,000 to £500,000 with some in the £millions. Your communication, presentation, team working and leadership skills must be exceptional.
Experience in selling creative and technical project-based services and equipment to major contractors, construction or education markets / public sector is essential. Mostly likely FF&E, interior design, furniture or technical installations in the UK and with desirable international experience too, bringing established networking and personal client contacts. Alternatively, we are open to considering applications from candidates selling ‘fit out’ services/projects to other sectors.
We are looking for the type of person who exudes gravitas and presence; they take ownership for their division and their team; they celebrate success whilst recognising and addressing their failings; work collaboratively with in-house Design and Project Management Teams. We want to progress the business with like-minded individuals who have the vision and will power to drive forward together.
It is important you can demonstrate how you have influenced and driven strategy and people in the past, its a responsibility that you thrive on and excel at.
As a group, we operate across the globe offering a wide range of products (consumables, technical equipment, furniture, sporting goods, etc) and services (consultancy, design innovation, space planning, etc) to predominately the education and civic sectors. This role sits within our Projects Division, employing circa 30 staff and generating £12 million pa. We have ambitious growth plans and are at the beginning of an exciting phase of that journey.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Matt Hogg quoting Head of Sales to DD: 44 (0)1604 683318 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.