Based in Haverhill and following an exciting acquisition, we now need a strong-willed Health & Safety / Environmental / Regulatory Officer to help improve our current processes, practices & site safety.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 – £50,000
· 25 days holiday
· Pension 6% company contribution
· 4 x life insurance
· 50% income protection
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cambridge, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford, Ipswich, Huntingdon, Thetford, Newmarket, Stevenage
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Health & Safety Officer, Health & Safety Advisor, Environmental Health & Safety Officer – Technical Consumable, Industrial Manufacturing
You will be an experienced EH&S Officer ideally with good knowledge of REACH / COSHH / COMAH regulations. Looking to use your previous experience and Scientific / Mechanical / Chemical engineering-based work experience to help drive positive change and maintain our high standard of Health & Safety on site.
In addition, you will ideally have:
· A formal EH&S qualification to a minimum of NEBOSH and a working knowledge of ISO9001
· Excellent attention to detail with high levels of computer literacy
· Ideally experienced in SAP / Oracle or similar modular based systems
· Awareness of regulatory frameworks (REACH / RFI / Proprietary MSDS systems)
· Able to develop and deliver internal training
JOB DESCRIPTION: Health & Safety Officer, Health & Safety Advisor, Environmental Health & Safety Officer – Technical Consumable, Industrial Manufacturing
As our Health & Safety Officer you will be responsible for helping drive safety improvement through policy implementation, procedure, and safe systems of work. You will encourage open promotion of a safety culture in the workplace and will be supported by a large capital expenditure budget, a progressive and extremely approachable and realistic Head of Safety & Sustainability, and a senior leadership team who will welcome change and improvement across the site.
You will also be responsible for the following:
· Assisting in the day-to-day management, upkeep, and effectiveness of our safety management systems, policies, and procedures
· Maintaining document control to enable effective communication and execution of safety, environmental & sustainable performance
· Assist in the development, administration, upkeep, and effectiveness of our safety management system
· Complete all statutory & regulatory reporting as part of existing H&S and Environmental requirements
· Help ensure safe operating practices including appropriate control of contractors and permits
We are a synthetic resin manufacturer based in the UK. We produce an ever-widening range of resins primarily based on unsaturated polyester and alkyd chemistry. We also manufacture a range of speciality resins with urethane, epoxy, and acrylic functionality.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Health & Safety, Site safety, EH&S, NEBOSH, COSHH, COMAH, REACH, Compliance, Environmental Safety, UFI, Chemicals, Adhesives, Raw Materials, Resins, Epoxy, Chemistry, Urethane, Polyester
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MT17065, Wallace Hind Selection