We are looking for three experienced HGV Technicians / Vehicle Engineers to support the research & development of our industry leading truck & trailer brake and suspension systems, based at our rapidly expanding world class Nuneaton test track & facility.
SALARY: £32,000 - £42,000
BENEFITS: 37 hour week - Day shift only with flexible start & finish times time off in lieu 25 days holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) Extensive Training Mobile Phone
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Rugby, Loughborough, Hinckley, Lutterworth, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Northampton, Daventry, Corby, Kettering, Burton-on-Trent, Lichfield, Cannock, Walsall, Solihull.
Three reasons why you should apply for this role:
· You’ll get to work on cutting edge vehicle technology at our brand new, state-of the art R&D facility, based at the Horiba MIRA proving ground.
· You’ll get a genuine work/life balance with flexible working hours built around Monday-Friday days only.
· We will invest in your career with an extensive training budget to support your ongoing vocational or college education.
JOB SPECIFICATION: HGV Technician / Vehicle Engineer
Our goal is to be the World’s leading HGV brake & suspension manufacturer and we are well on the way to achieving this aim. To support our continued growth we are looking for three HGV Technicians / Vehicle Engineers to support the development and on-vehicle testing of new components and systems.
Your role will be hugely varied and include:
· The fitting of vehicle air & electronic braking and suspension systems in addition of electronic instrumentation & data logging equipment.
· Carry out the vehicle testing predominantly in the UK but may include Summer testing in Spain and Winter testing in Sweden.
· Data analysis and report creation of vehicle test results.
· The manufacture & fabrication of test rigs and fixings to enable the installation of test equipment.
· General maintenance of test vehicles.
You may also visit partner organisations to perform periodic test and inspection of installed equipment.
REQUIREMENTS: HGV Technician / Vehicle Engineer
To be considered for this role you MUST be qualified to NVQ or similar in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, City & Guilds 381 Part 1&2 and/or a recognised apprenticeship scheme.
You must also have a Class 1 or 2 HGV licence and either:
· Be an experienced Commercial Vehicle workshop engineer.
· Have a background in Vehicle Diagnostic Systems / Data Logging systems.
You will also have strong IT skills with the ability to diagnose faults through the use of laptop diagnostic software, pressure gauges, rolling roads and multi-meters as well as report writing with the use of Microsoft Office.
Of particular interest is any experience of:
· Brake System Fundamentals, Diagnosis and repair.
· ABS & EBS
· ASR & ESP
If you have an awareness of the legislation in relation to the use of HGV / LGV’s on public road or are capable of carrying out routine inspection of trucks and trailers in accordance with VOSA / Manufacturer requirements, you should also apply.
We are a global manufacturer of braking, suspension and electronic braking systems, supplying systems to major truck and trailer manufacturers around the world.
Our development and test facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance and career development opportunities.
Candidates applying for this role may hold the job title of: HGV Technician, Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Engineer, HGV Engineer, HGV Technical Engineer, HGV Mechanic, LGV Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, Workshop Engineer, Workshop Technician, Vehicle Test Technician, Vehicle Test Engineer, HGV Test Technician, LGV Test Technician, HGV Test Engineer, HGV Test Engineer, Test Engineer, HGV Fitter, Brake Engineer, Brake Technician.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Vehicle Test Engineer and reference LH15227 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.