Do you have a practical Software Engineer / Software Engineering background within the development of software in one of the following programming languages: C, C or C#. You will need to be commutable to Aylesbury, or happy to relocate there for your career progression.
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on your experience
BENEFITS: PRP bonus after qualifying up to 8% of your basic salary, 5% pension contribution matched, single medical cover, childcare vouchers & gym membership
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Aylesbury, Oxford, Milton Keynes, Hemel Hempstead, Dunstable, High Wycombe, Bletchley, Bicester, Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Tring, Pitstone, London
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
* Brand new role in an expanding global technology manufacturer
* Excellent exposure to the full software engineer lifecycle development process
* A chance to work with multiple industrial market sectors
* Brand-new role through expansion
* Working within a team of experienced Software Engineers, this OEM has recently spent £200,000 on upgrading to their facility
* If you are a passionate Software Engineer with practical software programming experience in C, C or C#, you will be expected to bring development knowledge into this brand-new role and take full ownership of your work
* You will enjoy developing Software for existing and new and existing technology
* Understand how to rigorously test software and design software for test
* Gain excellent exposure of the software lifecycle: being able to take complex software from concept, to production and then maintenance
* You will gain good exposure to PCB design layouts and Hardware Design (HMI and CPU including FPGA and SoM) and also software communication design for Bussystem or other suitable Networks
* A proven practical Software programming background in C, C or C#
* Understand the full Software development lifecycle
* Experience with at least one embedded Operating system
* Be Applications or Solutions minded and solve complex issues for Customers
* Be office based in Aylesbury, but be prepared to travel to their other European sites where needed to share knowledge
It would be of particular interest to us if you have developed software for circuit breakers or a similar technology like: Switched mode power supplies (SMPS), Relays & Solid State Remote Power Controllers, intelligent power distribution systems, power distribution modules but this is not a prerequisite.
Qualifications: Degree qualified in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar. Masters level education would be advantageous but is not essential.
Established in 1976 with a UK headcount of under 50 employees, this global company employees over 1200 people and has an International network of subsidiaries and representatives covering more than 60 countries. The UK turnover accounts for £4.8m of their £115m turnover (a 6% increase on 2017).
Markets: Offers technical engineering solutions in the following industries: Aerospace, Automotive Manufacturing, Motorsport, Automation & Process Control, Medical Equipment, Pharmaceutical & Food, Commercial Vehicles, Rail, Watercraft & RV, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Telecoms, Steel Production, Household, Hobby & Garden.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: applications, solutions, engineer, software engineer, develop, coding, C, C , C#, SMPS, switch-mode, power, supply, replay, solid state, controller, distribution system, module, FPGA, PCB, hardware, HMI, CPU, SoM, embedded, firmware engineer, technology, manufacturer.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Software Engineer reference JAC1803-33 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.