We are looking for an experienced Automotive / Vehicle Instrumentation Engineer with a strong vehicle electronics bias, particularly CAN bus / CANalyzer, to support our industry leading truck & trailer brake R & D, based at our expanding world class Nuneaton test track.
SALARY: £35,000 - £37,000
· 37 Hour Week (day shift only with flexible start & finish times)
· Time off in lieu
· 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Extensive Training
· Mobile Phone
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Rugby, Loughborough, Hinckley, Lutterworth, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Northampton, Daventry, Corby, Kettering, Burton-on-Trent, Lichfield, Cannock, Walsall, Solihull.
Why should you apply for this role?
1. You’ll get to work on cutting edge electronic vehicle instrumentation at our brand new, state-of the art R & D facility, based at the Horiba MIRA proving ground.
2. You’ll get a genuine work / life balance with flexible working hours built around Monday - Friday, days only.
3. We’ll invest in your training & development, including getting your Class 1 Licence, if you don’t already have it.
REQUIREMENTS: Automotive / Vehicle Instrumentation Engineer
We are one of the world’s leading HGV brake & suspension manufacturers and we’re expanding our state-of -the-art UK R & D facilities located at the MIRA test track. We’re looking for an experienced Instrumentation Engineer to provide electrical / electronic test instrumentation & data logging equipment fitting & testing skills to boost our team.
Your role will be incredibly varied and will include:
· The fitting of electronic & air braking systems.
· Installation /set-up of all electrical / electronic test instrumentation & data logging equipment.
· Modification of the CAN bus library.
· Carry out the vehicle testing predominantly in the UK but may include Winter testing in Sweden.
· Data analysis and report creation of vehicle test results. (CANalyzer or similar)
· Calibration of electrical / electronic instrumentation prior to installation.
· General maintenance of test vehicles.
To be considered for this role you MUST have demonstrable vehicle (either passenger or HGV) electrical / electronic test instrumentation experience (as described above), including CAN bus knowledge and strong vehicle wiring expertise.
You will also have strong IT skills with the ability to diagnose faults through the use of laptop diagnostic software, pressure gauges, rolling roads and multi-meters as well as report writing with the use of Microsoft Office.
We are particularly interested in applicants who also have a sound mechanical engineering background or even interest in mechanical engineering.
You might also have experience of:
· Brake System Fundamentals, Diagnosis and repair.
· ABS & EBS
· ASR & ESP
· Test Instrumentation and CAN bus systems.
COMPANY PROFILE: Automotive / Vehicle Instrumentation Engineer
We are a global manufacturer of braking, suspension and electronic braking systems, supplying systems to major truck and trailer manufacturers around the world.
Our development and test facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance and career development opportunities.
Candidates applying for this role may hold the job title of: Master Technician, Vehicle Technician, Auto Electrician, HGV Technician, Vehicle Engineer, HGV Engineer, HGV Technical Engineer, HGV Mechanic, LGV Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, Workshop Engineer, Workshop Technician, Vehicle Test Technician, Vehicle Test Engineer, HGV Test Technician, LGV Test Technician, HGV Test Engineer, HGV Test Engineer, Test Engineer, HGV Fitter, Brake Engineer, Brake Technician. Can bus / CANalyzer.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Automotive / Vehicle Instrumentation Engineer and reference LH15528 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.