A hands on, service focussed, pro-active IT Manager? You will be highly valued by 500 users in a growing Head Office and by large remote teams around the UK. We are fast growing market leaders and effective IT management is a vital part of our service offering.
SALARY: £50,000 - £55,000
· Car Allowance
· Contributory Pension Scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Market Harborough, Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Brackley, Banbury, Rugby, Daventry, Nuneaton, Coventry.
JOB SPECIFICATION: IT Manager
We are one of the largest independently owned contractors in the UK, we have grown and diversified faster than most in our sector and our brand is recognised for quality in multiple construction sectors. Our ‘design and build’, ‘fit out’ and ‘civil works’ expertise is applied on multi-million pound projects in distribution, retail, student accommodation, offices and private rental schemes. We are widely known as market leaders in our core segments and already hold commanding positions in more recently developed segments.
Our IT supports up to 500 users split between our head office site and large remote teams out in the field delivering projects across the UK, it is crucial that our system is robust and downtime is kept to an absolute minimum. This role will manage the whole system including procurement, installation, maintenance, upgrade and support for all the hardware including the servers, pc’s and laptops plus all the software. You will develop close relationships with the specialist software providers to ensure their products are utilised to their full potential, this function is also essential for us to maintain our service levels so should provide willing, proactive and enthusiastic support for the users at all times.
REQUIREMENTS: IT Manager
· Hands on experience of managing all aspects of a large Microsoft enterprise system.
· You will ideally have MCSE accreditation, but this is not pre-requisite.
· Some experience of ERP software would be helpful.
· You need the ability to develop relationships with our software suppliers to ensure we are receiving full value particularly from our two main software packages.
· A ‘can do’ attitude, we want to continue providing our team with best in class IT along with matching support, this cannot be done 9 to 5 and requires a dedicated and committed individual.
WHY THIS ROLE?
· We are a market leading company with a strong brand and ambitious growth plans.
· We value our staff and provide an excellent working environment, we are proud of our very high staff retention record.
· This is an opportunity to make something your own in a role that is highly valued by the staff and the leadership team.
· This is firstly a hands-on role, but we are a growing business and would welcome your contribution to strategic planning and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: IT Manager
· Manage all aspects of the IT department.
· Manage one other, more junior person.
· Procurement, installation, maintenance, upgrading of all hardware, this includes Windows servers on site and in the cloud, laptops and workstations.
· Provide support for up to 500 users in the office and based remotely.
· User administration, set up and maintenance.
· Developing relationships with our software suppliers, Microsoft 'Navision' (ERP) and our Project management tool 'Union Square'. We want to use these tools more effectively.
· Maintain the database (SQL) and large packets of data.
· Manage back up protocols.
· Manage firewalls and intrusion detection and security systems.
· Manage new software implementation processes.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: IT Manager, IT support, MCSE, Windows servers, Microsoft Navision -ERP, Union Square. SQL.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Gerry Bell quoting IT Manager and reference GB15397 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683303 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.