Due to an internal promotion, we’re now looking for another experienced Laboratory Chemist and/or Laboratory Technician to join our existing Laboratory team of two. We will help you fast track your career in chemical manufacturing at our site in Peterborough and can offer you various career paths within Quality and Compliance. Have you applied yet?
BASIC SALARY: £23,000 – £27,000 dependent on your experience and qualifications
· Holiday entitlement starting at 23 days + Banks – rising with your service
· 4% company pension
· 3 x Death in Service
· Christmas shut-down meaning you get a good break
· Regular bonuses
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stamford, Oundle, Huntingdon, Corby, Yaxley, Thrapston, Uppingham, Bourne, Market Deeping, March, Grantham are some of the locations our current employers live.
Reason why you should join us:
· The Laboratory Manager was prompted this year from a Laboratory Chemist role, which means they are the perfect person to train you as they want to remain hands on
· We will give you clear career development into a Senior laboratory role – if you have the willingness to learn and progress
· We love career development and can also offer you a variety of career paths in other verticals including Quality and Compliance
JOB DESCRIPTION: Laboratory Technician – Chemist, Chemicals
You already know this role is a backfill due to an external promotion – you’ll join a team of two existing Laboratory Chemists, and you’ll get to work on a variety of chemical testing across industry sectors which will only aid your chemistry development.
Because we are a chemical manufacturing site, we ask that you work a weekly rotating shift pattern of double days 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm Monday-Friday to help us cope with our manufacturing demands.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Laboratory Technician – Chemist, Chemicals
· Sample all materials according to our sampling protocols, test them as required and quarantine or release them for use using our bespoke ERP system
· Ensure that all samples are analysed in accordance with specifications, procedures, and test methods
· Fill in appropriate documentation and ensure your records are complete
· Ensure that your analysis is carried out accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner and that cross-contamination control is maintained
· Maintain all necessary records and archive your batch samples
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Laboratory Technician – Chemist, Chemicals
· You will be degree qualified or qualified by experience in a chemistry or suitable scientific related subject
· You will have practical experience of working in a similar manufacturing or formulation environment (Quality Control, test laboratory etc) We are open on industry sectors i.e., food, pharmaceutical, hygiene, medical, automotive, veterinary, pet care, farming, industrial.
· You will be competent with various instrumental laboratory test techniques (GC, HPLC etc)
· Ideally you will also have experience of trouble shooting on laboratory equipment
We are a contract chemical manufacturing facility based in Peterborough servicing a variety of sectors to include Medical & Hygiene, Farming, Veterinary, Petcare, Automotive, Home & Garden, Industrial
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: laboratory chemist, chromatography, chemist, chemistry, laboratory technician, quality control, QC, chemicals, scientific, medical, hygiene, pharmaceutical, automotive, veterinary.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC16974 Wallace Hind Selection Ltd