You’re a Maintenance or Service Engineer who is now looking for new challenge. Or perhaps a Field Service Engineer looking to get off the road. You’ll work autonomously on the night shift, 4 nights a week to service, maintain and repair our busy production machinery and equipment in Cannock.
BASIC SALARY: £46,640
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Discretionary bonus paid quarterly (circa £1,000 per annum)
· Dental and medical package
· Christmas Shutdown
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Wolverhampton, Telford, Stafford, Tamworth, Walsall, Lichfield, Burton Upon Trent
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer – Manufacturing
As out Maintenance Manager, you will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager, supporting the night shift production team, you’ll work under your own steam. You’ll carry out various planned and reactive tasks to reduce downtime and support operational efficiency.
Working hours are 6pm to 6am Monday to Thursday. Occasional overtime will be available.
You’ll work closely with the production team to ensure that any issues are rectified in a timely manner and support them in implementing changes with continuous improvement projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer – Manufacturing
You’ll have your night planned out to carry our various tasks to include.
· Complete Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) on our machinery, equipment and plant.
· Conduct reactive repairs and rectification work on our machinery, equipment and plant.
· Set-up and tooling of machinery for next use.
· Cleaning and preparation of machinery.
· Report faults and parts demand to maintain spares level in stores.
· Assist in implementing changes to support continuous improvement projects.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer – Manufacturing
To be successful in your application, you’ll be a mechanically biased multi skilled (80-20%) Maintenance or Service Engineer with experience in maintaining and repairing capital equipment, plant or machinery. Any exposure to converting, unwinding, spooling, splicing, slitting and labeling equipment would be an advantage.
You should have experience in the following.
· Experience and understanding of pneumatic systems.
· Understanding of electrical systems and components such as, motors, circuits and sensors.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics and diagrams.
· Exposure to general building facilities such as HVAC, alarm systems and equipment.
· You’ll be able to work autonomously to complete tasks and adhere to health and safety policies at all times.
· Confident to communicate at all levels across the business.
We’re a manufacturer of adhesive tapes and associated products, and a dedicated hub to the british market. We focus on transforming semi-finished product through an automated, streamlined and flexible converting department into a custom finished product. We supply to Industrial, Automotive and DIY markets. The company continues to go from strength to strength while investing in new machinery and personnel to keep up with both demand and our high standards.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Plant Engineer, Facilities Engineer – Manufacturing, Packaging, Capital Equipment Maintenance, Converting, Unwinding, Spooling, Splicing, Slicing, Labeling, Adhesive tapes.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JN17497 – Wallace Hind Selection