Genuinely interesting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance / Service Engineer – ideally with Crane / Lifts / Hoist / Rigging experience for a Northampton based manufacturer. We would also be interested in maintenance / service engineers those with experience of industrial / plant machinery with a lifting / suspension element.
SALARY: Up to £35,000
BENEFITS: Good Holiday Allowance Access to company pension scheme
LOCATION: Office based near to Northampton
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford, Rugby, Banbury, Kettering, Wellingborough,Corby
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer : Why should I apply?
· Are you fed up with huge amounts of travel and / or working unsociable hours? This is a workshop based maintenance / service engineering role with daytime hours - Monday to Friday.
· You can join a small, dedicated team of experienced engineers - working for a business that wins as a team - sharing success with their employees.
· The business actively recruits from within wherever possible. This is a career move for the right engineer.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
As a Maintenance Engineer, you will primarily be working at the Northampton site working on internal and bespoke external projects.
The core component of the role is the maintenance, service, inspection and repair of a fleet of electrical and mechanical chain hoists. In addition, you will work on a variety of customer projects – including the repair, refurbishment, modification and preparation of rigging equipment – providing bespoke mechanical maintenance / inspection / repair services for the clients in preparation for installation / commissioning.
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
To succeed in your application:
· You must be an experienced Service Engineer or Maintenance Engineer with a mechanical bias and experience of some equipment with a lifting / suspension element – for instance: Cranes / Lifts / Plant machinery.
· Knowledge of LOLER and PUWER is essential. Ideal candidates would also have a qualification / accreditation surrounding the above.
PROSPECTS: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
This role will develop to suit the skills of the individual. We are also a growing company with a track record of promoting talent internally.
Established over 30 years ago, we are a financially strong, profitable and growing business with some exceptional high profile clients on the global events stage.
We work with clients across a wide range of markets such as Entertainment, Exhibitions and Corporate Events to provide support, consultancy and solutions to the challenges of suspending, elevating and moving equipment or people.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Maintenance Engineer and reference SP15017 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.