Are you looking for a days based maintenance engineering role where you will work in an hands-on capacity as well as planning maintenance activities and running improvement projects around our Milton Keynes based facility.
SALARY: £30,000 to £35,000
BENEFITS: Holidays (25 shift days 8 bank holiday) Pension Life Assurance
LOCATION: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
COMMUTABLE FROM: Northampton, Bedford, Buckingham, Luton, Towcester, Leighton Buzzard.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Maintenance Engineer
THIS ROLE WILL APPEAL TO YOU IF:
* You’re looking for a role with variety and interesting engineering challenge.
* You like a combined role of hands-on maintenance and planning.
* Responsible for planning your own activities in support of the manufacturing unit.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer Electrical Bias
As Maintenance Engineer, you will be involved with all aspects of maintenance within a small but friendly / proactive team, responsible for both production line and facilities maintenance, including:
* Maintenance planning, ordering of spares, running maintenance systems.
* Reacting to breakdowns as well as performing planned maintenance.
* Root cause analysis to identify and resolve the true reason for machinery breakdowns.
* Continuous improvement projects.
REQUIREMENTS: Maintenance Engineer
ESSENTIALLY YOU WILL:
* Possess continued employment history within production maintenance engineering.
* Hold ONC/City and Guilds level 3 or equivalent within electrical engineering.
* Be a Multi-skilled Engineer, able to fault find both electrically and mechanically.
* Have experience of working on heavy engineering hydraulics, motors, pumps, etc.
* Able to weld and use machine shop equipment, Lathes, Milling M/C’s, as examples.
DESIRABLY YOU WILL:
* Have a background within production / manufacturing maintenance engineering of working with motors, gears, bearings, pumps, hydraulics, sensors PLC’s for fault finding purposes only, etc.
* Possess strong people skills and able to communicate at all levels, possess good office IT skills (use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
This is a highly established organisation with a reputation for looking after their employees with a very low staff turnover.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: maintenance engineer, multi skilled engineer, multi-skilled engineer, shift engineer, production engineer, commissioning engineer, service engineer, electrical engineer, electrical.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Maintenance Engineer reference JC15038 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.