We have an exciting project unfolding and we now need a progressive Maintenance Manager / Engineering Manager. Ideally, you will have some Chemical production experience and be looking for an exciting opportunity to have a massive impact on an evolving COMAH plant.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £55,000 (relocation package available)
· 25 days holiday
· Pension 6% company contribution
· 4 x life insurance
· 50% income protection
LOCATION: Haverhill, Suffolk
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cambridge, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds, Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford, Ipswich, Huntingdon, Thetford, Newmarket, Stevenage
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager – Technical Consumable, Industrial Manufacturing
As our Maintenance Manager/ Engineering Manager you will play a key role in turning our well supported site strategy and significant investment plan into a reality. Managing a team of 4 with a fairly even split between mechanical and electrical specialism.
You will also be responsible for the following:
· A maintenance budget of circa £300k pa (excluding capex items)
· Monitor performance of the Maintenance department
· Supervise realisation of preventative maintenance and mandatory checks
· Using a recently installed CMMS database for PPM and corrective action tracking
· Management of contractors and analysis of their performance
· Work in accordance with the company’s values , HR and HS&E policies: instructions, minimum requirements and guidelines
· Ensuring works are carried out on time and within budget
· Appoint / Terminate contractors and approve their completed work
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager – Technical Consumable, Industrial Manufacturing
You will be an experienced Maintenance Engineer / Manager ideally with a strong background and if possible, some knowledge of REACH / COSHH / COMAH regulations.
You may come from a Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food, Distillery or Oil & Gas environment, but you will be from manufacturing and will be keen to take on challenges.
In addition, you will ideally have:
· A recognised degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline, ideally this will include some Chemical experience
· Strong man management skills
· A long standing and comprehensive knowledge of maintenance and process’s as well as manufacturing operations
· Strong experience in project and/or maintenance engineering
We are a synthetic resin manufacturer based in the UK. We produce an ever-widening range of resins primarily based on unsaturated polyester and alkyd chemistry. We also manufacture a range of speciality resins with urethane, epoxy, and acrylic functionality.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Maintenance Engineer, Engineering Manager, Site Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Project Manager – NEBOSH, COSHH, COMAH, REACH, Chemicals, Adhesives, Raw Materials, Resins, Epoxy, Chemistry, Urethane, Polyester, Food, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Distillery, Manufacturing.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MT17448, Wallace Hind Selection