Rare opportunity! Managing Director – full autonomy to spearhead business within high volume logistics and distribution industry. Based in Midlands.
Basic Salary: circa £100,000
Comprehensive benefits package including:
· Up to 30% Performance Bonus
· Company Car Allowance / Company Car
· 25 Days Holiday + Statutory days
· Contributory Pension
· Single Healthcare
· 3 x Life Insurance
A rare opportunity with the full autonomy to spearhead the future strategic and operational direction of the business; accelerating growth, boosting revenue, and enhancing market share. Leading and steering the SMT (senior management team), you will ‘get under the skin’ of the business understanding every intricacy, process and procedure, challenging business norms and driving change to improve efficiencies and support YOUR business direction.
With key strengths in ensuring a business is prepared and able to elevate to the next level without negatively effecting client OTIF performance (operating within the high volume wider logistics and distribution industry). You will be a ‘hands on’ Managing Director who is able to dive deep into the business whilst also delegating and understanding the big picture. As an inspirational leader, you will cultivate a cohesive SMT to actively take ownership and accountability, energizing them and the wider workforce to unite in collectively achieving & exceeding company objectives and goals.
You will be joining a network that can offer career progression, exposure to new challenges and senior mentoring from group members for your own individual development. A place where you will be given the autonomy and flexibility to run the business, embracing your entrepreneurial flair and strategic strengths.
To be considered:
You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record as a Managing Director / General Manager / Business Unit Head or similar within a fast paced, £multimillion, and high-volume operation with full P&L control.
As well as:
· Devising and implementing successful business strategies to increase revenue, profit, and margin.
· Working knowledge of providing fulfilment, 3PL, e-commerce and or distribution or contract packing services to or within industries such as: retail, food, logistics, pharmaceutical and or beverage.
· Being highly analytical and inquisitive with the ability to understand how to implement continuous improvement and bring about effective change. Knowledge of applying 5s, Six Sigma, Prince, Kanban, SMED and or reduction of waste methodologies would be advantageous.
· Strong leadership, someone who can empower, motivate, and enable a senior management team (SMT).
· A shrewd negotiator, demonstrating a balance of strong financial and commercial acumen along with an entrepreneurial spirit for closing lucrative and sophisticated contracts.
Full disclosure of the company, job description and personal specification will be provided to successful candidates following the first stage of initial short-listing and completion and receipt of non-disclosure agreements.
If you thrive on a challenge, wish to be instrumental in the next stage of a business’s growth whilst expanding your own personal and career development, we wish to hear from you.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: CG16085, Wallace Hind Selection