An exceptional role for a trainee level or experienced Metallurgist or Metallurgical Engineer, based in Milton Keynes to join a true market leader; a world class manufacturer, with a rich heritage of success within research & development and innovation. We will provide world-class training and development on an ongoing basis.
SALARY: £38,000 - £42,000 (Basic salary negotiable for the right candidate)
· Relocation assistance available on a case-by-case basis
· Profit sharing scheme paid twice yearly (after 6 month qualifying period)
· Regular Basic Salary reviews
· Company Pension (7% Company contribution)
· Private Medical Insurance
· 25 Days Annual Holiday plus statutory days.
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: We would be delighted to consider applications from all locations in the UK, including: London, West Midlands, Coventry, Sheffield, Birmingham, Swindon, Derby, Essex, Cambridge, Oxford, Exeter, Surrey, Stoke on Trent, Sheffield, Mansfield, Newcastle, , Sunderland, Luton, Northampton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Nottingham, Bath, Bristol, Brighton,
JOB SPECIFICATION: Metallurgical Engineer, R&D - Trainee
As a Metallurgical Engineer, you will join a growing team that provides metallurgical services to global internal and external Customers. Our team specialises in metal quality assessment with the capability to conduct plant process reviews, benchmark customer metal quality and to provide technical service and material analysis across our global customer base.
The key function of the Metallurgical Engineer, R&D - Trainee is to support sales by providing metallurgical or material research and analysis to the global sales groups. In addition, the Metallurgical Engineer, R&D - Trainee will provide support to internal R&D Departments and Manufacturing Plants.
Your role will encompass a spectrum of duties, from practical hands-on work; through to taking control of delivering results and with plenty of travel to visit customers.
Your duties will include:
· Provide assistance to the team and support the key objectives set by the Metallurgical Engineer, R&D Manager.
· Enjoy both the scale and variety of exciting projects which can change on a daily basis.
· Physically analyse and polish metallurgical material samples.
· Provide high quality metallurgical analysis and reports for our global customers.
· Design, coordinate, carry out and report on melt cleanliness trials at highly strategic customer sites to demonstrate aluminium process improvements, as appropriate.
· Through credibility gained by understanding different Laboratory R&D development processes, present a highly professional image and metallurgical expertise to our global customers as and when required.
· Help to develop a proactive working culture.
REQUIREMENTS: Metallurgical Engineer, R&D - Trainee
As a Metallurgical Engineer, you will already have working familiarity of at least one material / alloy system, supported by a relevant degree, apprenticeship or technical pedigree. Other skills and experience we are seeking include:
· Materials analytical skills.
· Metallographic preparation and associated light microscopy.
· Excellent optical and scanning electron microscopy skills (SEM / EDS / EDX)
· Knowledge of metal cleanliness assessment techniques including PoDFA, Prefil and LiMCA
· Some ability/experience to perform Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver technical services whilst building and maintaining relations across multi disciplines.
We are a global manufacturer of innovative technical products which are customer-driven. We have a massive competitive advantage over most of our competitors and this is supported by continuous invention, innovation and protected patents.
This is a rare opportunity to learn and will develop into a rewarding long-term career where you will enjoy both the scale and variety of exciting projects. A comprehensive and tailored training package will be provided to assist with your growth over the long-term (5 years )
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Metallurgy, Metallurgy Engineer, Metallurgical Engineer, Metallurgical, Alloy, Alloys, Technical Ceramics, Materials Science, Ceramics, Aluminium, Refractories, Research and Development, R & D Engineer, Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Refractory, Chemistry, Research and Development Engineer, Materials Technology, Materials Engineering, Materials Engineer, Materials Technology
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jim Kelly quoting Metallurgical Engineer, R&D - Trainee and reference JK15465 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683316 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.