Rewarding opportunity for a commercially astute, pragmatic & outcome orientated Senior HR Advisor to work within our on-site HR team at our manufacturing site in Hitchin. Strong generalist HR and business partnering skills are required to help drive the people agenda across all areas of the business.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
BENEFITS: Pension 25 Days Holidays plus statutory Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Luton, Stevenage, Bedford, Royston
JOB SPECIFICATION: Senior HR Advisor
As a result of our commitment to growth we now require a strong, pragmatic, hands-on Senior HR Advisor with collaborative business partnering skills to join our existing HR team. Responsibilities will include managing the full range of HR initiatives to provide an employee-orientated, high performance culture with the emphasis on improving quality, productivity, goal attainment and the ongoing development of a talented workforce.
This role will appeal to someone who wants to work within a supportive team environment of like-minded individuals managing the day-to-day hands-on HR function to ensure best practice across the site.
A detailed Senior HR Advisor job description will be available to short listed candidates but in brief you will:
· Become a key and active member of the HR team; contributing to the delivery of the site’s people strategy, including building a strong succession planning and talent management agenda
· Work with the business areas to ensure compliance with all legislation, policies and best practice
· Pro actively use business metrics to help the HR team deliver desired corporate and local outcomes and objectives
· Act as an effective coach and mentor to leaders on how to manage people and deliver business outputs
· Support management & team leaders to develop their confidence and knowledge regarding all aspects of disciplinaries, grievances, PDP’s and the appraisal process
PERSON REQUIREMENTS: Senior HR Advisor
· CIPD Level 3 or above or another relevant qualification or commensurate experience
· Ideally some experience of working within the manufacturing sector
· Ability to provide pragmatic and consistent advice and guidance on a broad range of generalist HR practices, policies and procedures
· Strong relationship development skills – able to work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders from Senior Management, Manufacturing Team Leaders, Technical Specialists & Engineers, Assembly, Sales, Service, Office and Trade Union representatives
· Sound working knowledge of UK employment legislation and practical experience of applying this knowledge
· Experience of working collaboratively with Trade Unions
· Experience of driving employee engagement & CSR initiatives
· Outcome orientated with strong project management skills
· Skilled at managing resistance to change and the expectations of senior managers
· Capable of providing management and team leaders with coaching, mentoring, guidance and training across a wide range of HR initiatives
· Possess a mature, confidential and flexible approach to work with the ability to get great results
· Excellent IT skills
We are one of the world’s leading innovators and manufacturers of valves, couplings and expansion joints for both the commercial and industrial building sectors. Founded in 1855 we are now part of a US multinational company with an extensive global footprint and net sales in excess of $2.6 million, our site at Hitchin forms an integral part of our UK presence employing circa 300 full-time employees across R&D, engineering, assembly, support services, sales and service.
The culture of our organisation embodies the values of our founder; to be innovative and quality minded, to treat all with honesty, integrity & fairness and to identify and help develop our employees to achieve their goals, because in his words ‘Good people, make good things happen’.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:HR Officer, HR Executive, HR Advisor, HR Manager, HRBP, HR Business Partner, Manufacturing, Logistics, Distribution, Industrial
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting Senior HR Advisor and reference TF15028 to email@example.com Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.