As a result of our focus upon lean manufacturing we are recruiting a Process Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer to strengthen our team, working at the Letchworth site. This is a key career defining role offering training, career progression opportunities, a high level of variety and focus on manufacturing line improvement.
· Annual Bonus
· Life Assurance
· 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
LOCATION: Letchworth, Hertfordshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stevenage, Luton, Bedford, Welwyn Garden City, Cambridge, Harlow, Huntingdon.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Manufacturing Engineer - Engineering Components
What’s in it for me?
· Our manufacturing processes are diverse offering a high level of variety and engagement.
· You will identify and run your own projects.
· We offer training to develop your skills sets with automation technology.
· We have a diverse engineering team with opportunities for career progression.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Process Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer
As Process Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing projects for manufacturing line efficiency improvements, removal of waste and improving health and safety.
Specific activities of the role will be broad ranging due to the diversity of our manufacturing facility, involving you with:
· Process flow analysis to identify and prioritise improvement projects taking proposals through to CAPEX approval.
· Implementation of Lean / Continuous Improvement projects for Health, Safety, Quality and Productivity.
· Work with a broad range of manufacturing processes.
· Assist with line breakdowns to identify root cause and implement improvements.
· Design / improvement of jigs and tooling.
The manufacturing facility comprises a mix of modern manufacturing through to legacy processes, offering huge potential for improvement. Our manufacturing processes include cellular manufacturing for light product assembly, manufacturing of components, through to the fabrication of heavy engineered products.
REQUIREMENTS: Manufacturing Engineer - Engineering Components
· You will have a proven track record as a Manufacturing Engineer / Process Engineer / Production Engineer, competent in the use of Lean / Continuous Improvement techniques and know when and how to use them.
· You will have worked for a component manufacturer &/or have cellular assembly experience.
· You will be educated to HNC minimum but ideally to HND / Degree level in an engineering or relevant technical subject, such as mechanical engineering, production engineering, etc.
An established multi-million pound turnover organisation with a very strong brand presence within their market and growing sales both in the UK and overseas.
It is the practice of the company to develop their own people and where ever possible promote from within. Due to the size and diversity of the company as a Process Engineer / Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer there are a number of career routes open for future career development. The company also invests in vocational training and will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to train on automation technology.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Cellular Manufacturing, Production, Process Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, New Product Introduction, Jig, Tool and Fixtures.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Manufacturing Engineer and reference JC15261 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.