Brand new expansion role, based in North Wales for a Manufacturing Engineer or a Quality Engineer to add knowledge and experience to an expanding site. We are part of a global engineering organisation involved in electro-plating and surface coating for various OEM's.
SALARY: £35,000-£45,000 dependant on your experience
· 25 Days Holiday
LOCATION: Conwy, North Wales
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: LLandudno, Deeside, Colwyn Bay, Conwy, Chester, Wrexham
This Manufacturing Engineer is a brand-new role through expansion with the focus of providing hands-on shop-floor level process engineering / quality engineering support relating to Clearance Control (Goods In), Masking, Coating Processes (Electro-plating, Final Inspection and QC).
Your Manufacturing Engineer responsibilities will include:
· Taking a lead role in developing a 'continuous improvement' culture. This will drive improvements in process capabilities and develop best practice
· Supporting the AS9100 QMS including overseeing quality inspection
· Coordinating internal, external, regulatory and customer product and process auditing managing any corrective actions
· Creating and maintaining process work instructions and support in the training of manufacturing associates
· CAD design / development new jigs, fixtures and fittings
· Control site calibration and co-ordinate NPI and FAIR activities
· Analysing product failure data (NCMs), CAPA (corrective and preventive actions) and delivering solutions
· Assist in the monitoring of KPI’s to analyse Quality performance
· Develop a strong technical rapport with our customers
To be considered for this Manufacturing Engineer role you must be:
· A Mechanical Engineer with hands on experience coming from a shop floor environment in a Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer or Quality Engineer related role from within Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing
Any exposure to electroplating or surface coating, laminating or similar will be an advantage
You will ideally have:
· An understanding of problem-solving methods e.g. Six Sigma, 8D, 5Y, route cause analysis, along with statistical tools used to analyse and evaluate problems and assist with process improvements and optimization
· A detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality certifications (e.g. AS9100, IATF16949, ISO9001, TS16949, Sabre etc.)
· Experience as a trained auditor: AS9100 - Aerospace experience or Automotive IATF, TS16949
· Exposure to: NPI, APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, SPC and FAIRs (First Article Inspection)
· Good problem-solving skills; be accountable for your decisions; be able to support production and investigate non-conformances and/or customer complaints
We are open to your educational background i.e. ONC / HNC or Engineering degree with a focus on: Mechanical Engineering, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Materials Science, or Metallurgical/Metallurgy engineering. You will be an engineer firstly and a manufacturing/quality engineer secondly.
There would be specific process and product training.
We are a small expanding site, part of a well-established global engineering company with three sites across the UK. The North Wales site is small, lean and consists of 13 employees across two divisions. Both run as separate entities internally providing traditional electroplating and metal bonding services to tier 1 and prestige OEM brands in Aerospace, Automotive, Composites and Medical manufacturing. About 85% of the components are reworked, so this is a low volume, high value product.
Did I mention this is a brand-new role? As an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, you might currently be working as a Quality Engineer or a Process Engineer. With us, you will get a chance to work as part of a small engineering team, helping to drive forwards a lean and continuous improvement culture.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electro-plating, electroplating, surface coating, anodizing, laminating, galvanizing, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer, chemistry, chemical process, bonding, Materials Science, Metallurgical, Metallurgy, alchemy
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.