We are looking for an experienced Master Vehicle Technician / HGV Technician with a strong electrical / vehicle electronics bias to support the research & development of our industry leading truck & trailer brake and suspension systems, based at our rapidly expanding world class Nuneaton test track & facility.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000
· 37 hour week - DAY SHIFT ONLY, with flexible start & finish times
· Time off in Lieu
· 25 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
· Extensive Training
· Mobile Phone
LOCATION: Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Rugby, Loughborough, Hinckley, Lutterworth, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Northampton, Daventry, Corby, Kettering, Burton-on-Trent, Lichfield, Cannock, Walsall, Solihull.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Master Vehicle Technician / HGV Technician
Why should you apply for this role?:
1. You’ll get to work on cutting edge electronic vehicle technology at our brand new, state-of the art R&D facility, based at the Horiba MIRA proving ground.
2. You’ll get a genuine work/life balance with flexible working hours built around Monday-Friday days only.
3. We’ll invest in your training & development, including getting your Class 1 licence if you don’t already have it.
REQUIREMENTS: Master Vehicle Technician / HGV Technician
We are one of the world’s leading HGV brake & suspension manufacturers and we’re expanding our state-of -the-art UK R&D facilities located at the MIRA test track. We’re looking for an experienced Master Vehicle Technician / HGV Technician to provide strong electrical diagnostic / fitting & testing skills to boost our team.
Your role will be incredibly varied and will include:
· The fitting of vehicle air & electronic braking and suspension systems.
· Installation / set-up of electrical / electronic test instrumentation & data logging equipment.
· Modification of the CAN bus library.
· Carry out the vehicle testing predominantly in the UK but may include winter testing in Sweden.
· Data analysis and report creation of vehicle test results. (CANalyzer or similar)
· Calibration of electrical / electronic instrumentation prior to installation.
· General maintenance of test vehicles.
You may also visit global partner organisations to perform periodic test and inspection of installed equipment.
To be considered for this role you MUST have demonstrable vehicle (either passenger or HGV) electrical / electronic test instrumentation experience.
You will ideally have CAN bus knowledge and strong vehicle wiring expertise.
You will also have strong IT skills with the ability to diagnose faults through the use of laptop diagnostic software, pressure gauges, rolling roads and multi-meters as well as report writing with the use of Microsoft Office.
We are particularly interested in applications from Master Technicians or Auto Electricians from OEMs or Main Dealers and who have exposure to electrical / electronic test and development.
You might also have experience of:
· Brake System Fundamentals, Diagnosis and repair.
· ABS & EBS
· ASR & ESP
· Test Instrumentation and CAN bus systems.
We are a global manufacturer of braking, suspension and electronic braking systems, supplying systems to major truck and trailer manufacturers around the world.
Our development and test facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance and career development opportunities.
Candidates applying for this role may hold the job title of: Master Technician, Vehicle Technician, Auto Electrician, HGV Technician, Vehicle Engineer, HGV Engineer, HGV Technical Engineer, HGV Mechanic, LGV Mechanic, Vehicle Mechanic, Workshop Engineer, Workshop Technician, Vehicle Test Technician, Vehicle Test Engineer, HGV Test Technician, LGV Test Technician, HGV Test Engineer, HGV Test Engineer, Test Engineer, HGV Fitter, Brake Engineer, Brake Technician.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Master Vehicle Technician / HGV Technician and reference LH15386 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314, Wallace Hind Selection, The Old Vicarage, Duston, Northants, NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only,