Are you a Materials Science Engineer graduate with some technical or commercial exposure? Would you like to join a company with a rich R & D and innovation heritage and who have experienced 20% growth this year? NO sales targets & no cold calling!
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Materials Science Engineer - Metallurgy / Ceramics / Glass / Polymers
You will have a First Degree and a Master's in Materials Science / Engineering (Metallurgy, Polymers, Ceramics or Glass bias) complemented by tangible industry work experience (technical / commercial).
We will also consider applications from PhD level candidates with entry-level or no industrial experience.
In addition to the above, we are seeking the following skills:
· In-depth knowledge in the analysis and review of materials characterisation techniques e.g. mechanical properties, XRD, SEM, TEM, Raman, UV-Vis, IR, DSC/TGA, MS etc.
· Ability to teamwork, drive communication and collaboration, work on own initiative, and problem-solve with a creative, proactive approach.
· Develop, influence, negotiate and build relationships with stakeholders.
· Advanced spreadsheet skills with the ability to extract data.
· Willingness to travel abroad (USA, China, Europe) with infrequent / occasional trips away from the office.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000
· Profit Sharing Scheme
· 37.5 hour working week (flexitime scheme for additional working hours accrued)
· 22 Days Annual Holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Company Pension
· Private Medical Cover (after 6 months)
· Life Assurance
· Regular Training & Development
LOCATION: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cambridge, Oxford, London, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Stoke on Trent, Derby, Sheffield, Manchester, Exeter, Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol, Brighton
Relocation assistance available where necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Materials Science Engineer - Metallurgy / Ceramics / Glass / Polymers
This role encompasses a spectrum of duties: dealing with complex technical queries, direct customer contact and representing us at conferences / exhibitions.
As part of a highly trained team, your role is to provide a critical link between us, suppliers and customers. Your specialist knowledge will ensure our product range is kept relevant and sold in a way that is legally compliant, whilst maximising quality, sales and profit.
Your primary duties & responsibilities will include:
· Product range management & new product development through liaising with suppliers, customers and working with Operations team to ensure effective stock management.
· Respond to customers’ specialist materials technical requests. This is a consultative role where your expertise and problem-solving skills will positively impact brand image & influence customers' purchasing decisions.
· Provide customer technical support to Purchasing & Estimating teams and Product Managers through providing, Key Account Manager & Business Development Managers via dual customer visit support & by direct customer contact (face to face and via telephone)
· Prepare reports, quotes, proposals & technical manuals for use by internal / external customers.
· Deliver support for regulatory requirements including: REACH, SDS, Export licences, Tariffs, MSDSs, Dangerous goods & customer classifications.
An international supplier of innovative technical and scientific materials solutions within Metallurgy, Ceramics, Glass and Polymers industries, with a speciality within Research & Development. We sell into many industry sectors: Healthcare / Medical, Academia, Defence, Communications etc.
We sponsor external training, development & external qualifications. Wherever possible, we actively promote from within.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Metallurgy Engineer, Metallurgical Engineer, Technical Ceramics, Materials Science, ceramics, Aluminium, Metals, Materials Engineering, Materials Technology, Nickel, Zinc, Titanium, Cobalt, Steel, Magnesium, Copper, Glass, Polymers, Composites, Compounds
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.