Due to global growth we need to add another qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to our packaging and automation technology team based at our Beccles Head Office (which is easily commutable from Norwich).
SALARY: £40,000 - £50,000
· Overtime (Time & 1/2 after 40 hours)
· 26 Days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
LOCATION: Beccles - Easily Commutable from Norwich,
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Diss, Colchester Cambridge, Ipswich, King’s Lynn.
JOB PROFILE: Mechanical Design Engineer
As a result of recent investment, the demand for our innovative packaging and warehouse automation systems has grown dramatically and this is allowing us to expand our Mechanical Design team accordingly.
We are looking for a qualified Mechanical Design Engineer to support the ongoing design and development of our new range of products; you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Work on up to 7 simultaneous projects.
· Use your extensive experience of SolidWorks to produce and present high-quality 3D designs and assembly drawings (Use of Inventor would also be useful but is not essential).
· Work in partnership with our clients and your internal team to develop URS (User Requirement Specifications) and assist in the creation of the FDS (Functional Design Specifications), ensuring you meet our high company standards.
You will also be very used to managing BOM’s and complete machine risk assessments.
PERSON PROFILE: Mechanical Design Engineer
Applications will ONLY be accepted if you:
· Are a qualified Mechanical Design Engineer, educated to Degree, HND or HNC level in mechanical engineering / mechatronic engineering or related discipline.
· Can demonstrate experience / knowledge of SolidWorks
· Have a portfolio of new industrial machinery design.
· Have a track record of Mechanical Design, this could be from a Packaging or Process Machinery (PPMA) / Food / Pharmaceutical / Warehouse Automation / Materials Handling / Conveyors or Robotics area BUT this is not a comprehensive list – we would consider anyone with a strong Industrial Mechanical Design pedigree.
We are a well respected, successful and growing multi-million pound packaging solutions company that delivers comprehensive design, manufacture, installation and support of packaging solutions. These include: packaging machinery, SRP machinery and packaging robotics.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Packaging Machinery, SRP Machinery, PPMA, Automation Equipment, Materials, Process Equipment, Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Research and Development, R&D, Principle Design Engineer, Applications Engineer, Project Engineer.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Mechanical Design Engineer and reference LH15512 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.