Why do Mechanical Design Engineers decide to join us? This is what our engineers think “An opportunity where you will work on the development of the latest in vehicle technology”, “a culture that encourages individuality and creativity”, “they paid for my program to achieve chartered status”, “A supportive culture that actively promotes work life balance”. If you are looking for an opportunity within the Nuneaton region to build your career, we want to hear from you.
SALARY: £38,000 to £45,000
BENEFITS: Pension Flexitime 25 Days Holidays plus stats Extensive Training Allowance.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Leicester, Burton-upon-Trent
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer
Why would this Mechanical Design Engineer role will appeal to you?
· You will be encouraged to think freely to identify novel solutions to engineering challenges.
· Your ideas will progress into real life products, supported by a highly resourced research and development company.
· You could benefit from un-rivalled support with training and development, including support to achieve chartered status.
· Oh, did I mention we will actively encourage you to enjoy a genuine work life balance!
Job Specification: Mechanical Design Engineer
As Mechanical Project Engineer / Design Engineer you will be a key member of the team responsible for design and development of mechanical components and assemblies used within pneumatic systems. You will follow projects through the complete development process from concept design, organising the manufacture of prototype parts with external suppliers, test and validation, market launch and into production. You must be able to work within an environment with changing priorities as projects are won and design concepts are proven or dismissed.
Key Mechanical Design Engineer responsibilities:
· Work on full life-cycle sub-system projects from initial concept and into manufacture.
· Design components and assemblies to fulfil product specifications.
· Develop 3D models and associated 2D detailed drawings for manufacture.
· Utilise design tools to produce associated design calculations.
· Compile product specifications and documentation, including material finish, etc. to support production processes.
· Place orders with and manage external suppliers for delivery of services, parts and prototypes.
· Ensure time and cost targets are met to produce commercially viable products.
Requirements as Mechanical Project Engineer / Design Engineer:
To be successful in your application as Mechanical Project Engineer / Design Engineer you MUST be from a component / assembly development background and be able to commute to Nuneaton region or be prepared to relocate. We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who have a genuine passion for engineering and problem solving.
Essentially as Mechanical Project Engineer / Design Engineer you will:
· Be able to think at a conceptual level to solve design challenges.
· Have personally worked on at least one full life-cycle new product development project.
· Hold experience of designing components for manufacture.
· Proficient in the use of 3D and 2D CAD systems (ideally ProE / Creo, but not essential).
· Be experienced with the design of mechanical components to work within pressurised systems.
· Hold a qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline to HNC / Degree level.
Desirably as Mechanical Project Engineer / Design Engineer you will:
· Possess the ability to use of FEA software to perform component stress analysis.
· Be experienced in the use of problem solving processes such as 8D.
· Hold a working knowledge of FMEA, DVP&R and APQP processes.
· Be knowledgeable of the design of moulded plastic, cast aluminium, pressed metal components and machining processes.
· Hold a working knowledge of BS8888 and or geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
We are a world leading research and development organisation and supplier of pneumatic controlled engineered products / systems with an international customer base supplying the world’s most recognised manufacturer brands.
We offer un-rivalled training and career development opportunities including support to achieve chartered status and when ever possible we will promote from within. This role is being advertised due to an expansion program to support major European engineering development projects.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Design Engineer, pneumatic, hydraulic, pressure, pressurised system, high pressure, seal, gland, sealing, moulded plastic, cast aluminium, pressed metal components and machining processes.
Please Note - Wallace Hind have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to the end company from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Mechanical Design Engineer and reference JC14985 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.