We are an innovative manufacturer of cutting-edge packaging equipment to the food / beverage / pharmaceutical process and packaging industry. Based in Derby, we require a problem solving Mechanical Design Engineer to support the launch and development of an exciting new product range.
SALARY: Up to £40,000
· Good Holiday Package (rising with service)
· Access to Company Benefits Package including pension and DIS.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Loughborough, Mansfield, Burton on Trent, Stafford, Stoke on Trent, Sheffield, Nuneaton.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
· You get to work in a dynamic, highly skilled design team (in the research and development department) solving engineering problems on cutting edge automated machinery.
· We succeed as a team and share that success across the company. Your career will develop and grow as the company does.
· Every day will be different! Join us on this trip as we launch an exciting new product into the market.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer : Packaging Machinery
Further to significant investment in resource, personnel and manufacturing capabilities, we are currently in the middle of a very successful launch of a revolutionary packaging machine to the global market. To help refine and bespoke these machines to specific client needs, we are expanding our research and development (R&D) internal mechanical design team.
Working at our new custom built premises in Derby, you will be part of a dedicated mechanical design engineering team tasked with:
1) Refining and evolving the design of the core product – fine tuning, adding and augmenting features / broadening the range of applications.
2) Reacting to customer requirements and problem solving on various design challenges related to bespoke tooling / customisation.
You will support these projects from concept through to commissioning including the production of user requirement specifications. In addition, throughout these projects, you will create 3D CAD drawings in Solidworks specific to each client’s requirements. Beyond this core product range, you will also work on the design and build of a wider variety of packaging machinery, automation equipment and injection moulding tools.
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Design Engineer : Packaging Machinery
To be considered for this role, you MUST:
· Have a track record of designing automated machinery with a recent exposure to equipment from a Packaging or Process Machinery (PPMA) / Food or Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
· Be degree educated (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering / mechatronic engineering / electromechanical engineering or a related discipline.
· Have some exposure and understanding of PLC’s / Control Systems.
· Be competent using 3D CAD packages (e.g. Solidworks / AutoCAD.)
Ideally you will also have some knowledge / understanding / exposure to thermaforming equipment and pneumatics / pneumatic engineering.
Established for over 40 years, we have built an excellent reputation for the design and manufacture of leading edge, innovative packaging and device manufacturing equipment for a global audience.
Prospects are genuine. This is a successful and growing company undergoing significant investment – particularly related to the launch and development of this new, revolutionary product. As the company develops, opportunities will arise for you to expand your scope and develop new specialisations.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer, Electromechanical Design Engineer, Thermoforming, Packaging Machinery, PPMA, Automation Equipment, Materials Handling, Process Equipment, Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Research and Development, R&D.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Mechanical Design Engineer : Packaging Machinery and reference SP15241 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.