As part of our expansion we need an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer and user of AutoCAD Inventor to help our clients achieve their goals. We are designers of mechanical elements - sometimes complex, and sometimes simple - but almost always bespoke to solve a particular problem. We are a Northampton based manufacturer and we need a problem solving Mechanical Design Engineer to work on these design projects from concept to completion.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
· Good Holiday Allowance
· Access to Company Pension Scheme
· Mobile / Laptop as required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Coventry, Leamington Spa, Wellingborough, Kettering, Daventry, Market Harborough, Rugby, Lutterworth, Leicester, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Banbury, Bicester, Milton Keynes, Bedford
WHY SHOULD I APPLY? Mechanical Design Engineer / Structural Design Engineer: AutoCAD Inventor
· Bored of designing the same thing over and over? This Design Engineer role will see you working on a wide variety of bespoke projects, problem solving unique circumstances, and taking ownership of the project from inception to completion.
· We’re a well-established and respected company, market leading in our sector, and going through expansion. This is a great time to join us.
· Any exposure to structural engineering / structural design engineering would be of benefit.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Design Engineer / Structural Design Engineer: AutoCAD Inventor
Working from the Northampton based office, you will be utilising AutoCAD Inventor (as a Mechanical Design Engineer / Structural Design Engineer) to design and dimension fabrication drawings on projects based on a client’s specifications. You will also, on occasion, be visiting customer sites across the UK.
This is not a boring, traditional, industrial design job. We work with high profile clients from across the world in markets such as Entertainment, Exhibitions and Corporate Events.
We add value wherever we can solve the challenges of suspending, elevating and moving equipment or people.
You will work with a client throughout the life-cycle of the project – from initial enquiry through to completion.
REQUIREMENTS: Mechanical Design Engineer / Structural Design Engineer: AutoCAD Inventor
To succeed in your application:
· You must be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
· You will hold some sort of Mechanical Engineering qualification (ONC / HNC or above)
· You MUST have experience of AutoCAD Inventor - this could come from work or education.
It would also be an advantage if you have some exposure (whether through education or work experience) and an appreciation of structural engineering principals.
This role will develop to suit the skills of the individual. We are also a growing company with a track record of promoting talent internally.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Structural Design Engineer / Design Manager / Internal Design Assistant / Design Team Leader / Mechanical Engineer / Structural Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / AutoCAD / AutoCAD Inventor / Rigging / Theatre / Entertainment /
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting SP15141 and reference Mechanical Design Engineer : AutoCAD to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.