As a European food producer, we are excited to continue our expansion across the UK. Reporting to the Commercial Director the National Account Manager will join an experienced commercial team, you will take P & L responsibility for a portfolio of key foodservice wholesale partners.
SALARY: £50,000 - £55,000
· £5,000 - £6,000 Bonus
· Company Car
· 25 Days Holiday
· 8% Pension
· Private Healthcare
LOCATION: Home Based you will travel throughout the North of the UK, M62 and North. You will also have some national travel to clients with locations throughout the country.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, York, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, anywhere on the M62 or above.
Established for over 50 years we are proud of our growth and progression from a group of passionate farmers to one of the largest global suppliers in our sector (€800m t/o) With 12 factories across Europe we have developed into a major supplier of fresh, frozen and dried products. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director and working closely with the marketing team, NPD and commercial teams, this is a dynamic role that incorporates new business development as well as account management.
Why this role?
· We are market leading across Europe and you will be joining at an exciting stage of our development in the UK.
· An opportunity to develop & implement a strategic plan with P & L responsibility.
· We are an innovative food manufacturer; you will influence new product introductions and development.
· A chance to work closely with stake holders in marketing, NPD and commercial.
· We empower staff to take real ownership and responsibility.
· A team ethos and entrepreneurial culture are critical to our success, we offer the best of both worlds, freedom of an SME with the backing of a major corporation.
REQUIREMENTS: National Account Manager - Wholesale Foodservice
First and foremost, you must share our passion for food, you are a candidate who has worked for a manufacturer in the past and has experience with working with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams. This includes marketing, NPD teams, supply chain management, commercial operation, R & D, production, quality control etc.
You must have an innovative mind-set, working with customer NPD and food development teams (for branded & private label products) to drive new product ideas / concepts in food service.
· Strong foodservice wholesale experience within brand and / or private label
· Commercially astute & be able to manage your own P & L
· Strategic account management with category approach.
· A new business generator, persistence, consistency and disciplined approach is a must
· Project management skills desired
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Gerry Bell quoting National Account Manager - Wholesale Foodservice and reference GB15553 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683303 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.