An expanding SME requires a proven National Account Manager within the retail and wholesale market to drive UK footprint within the health and beauty sector.
SALARY: £40,000 - £50,000 Bonus
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Company Car Pension Holiday Childcare Vouchers
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Huddersfield, Sheffield, York, Manchester, Bradford, Doncaster, Burnley, Harrogate
As an established £ multimillion SME we provide private / white label and branded health and beauty products to the UK market. Our in-house NPD team consistently provide on trend products to allow our presence to expand across retail (grocery, convenience, discounters), pharmacy and wholesale markets.
With the next stage of our expansion strategy clear, we are actively seeking a National Account Manager to focus on expanding our footprint. You will be tenacious and highly driven in exceeding targets and thrive within a team environment that actively collaborate. You will be valued and have an active involvement into the continued growth of our business.
Reporting to the Head of Sales your main duties as a National Account Manager will be to:
• Account Manage a mix of retail and wholesale accounts (80/20) across the UK (approximately 25)
• Nurture and expand our portfolio / volume of health and beauty consumable products.
• Explore and close lucrative new client accounts.
• Identify and create a pipeline of potential customers that meet the strategy of the business.
• Support our NPD team with current and approaching trends from market research, client and competitor knowledge.
• Be a positive ambassador of our brand and valued team member.
Territory: UK wide
Based: From our Leeds facility with currently 2 days travelling per week
Ultimately you will already have a proven track record selling into retailers (Discounters, convenience, Grocery and or Pharmacy). Whilst we are focused within the Health and beauty category we would also welcome applicants who have a genuine interest in the category but may have sold another consumable product such as toiletries, accessories, food, electronics, healthcare, drink, cosmetics, small domestic appliances (SDA), home ware and or cookware.
As well as:
• Excellent account management skills with the ability to expand our footprint within.
• A shrewd negotiator with a persuasive manner to open new clients in a professional manner.
• Being a natural communicator who can build effective partnerships with clients and our team.
• Displaying the commercial acumen to understand trends and support NPD.
• Strong IT skills (eg. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Although we have advertised the role as National Account Manager you may also have held any of the following roles or worked within the following: Retail Sales Manager, Beauty, FMCG Manager, Head of Retail, Cosmetics, Healthcare, National Sales Manager, Buyer, Pharmacy, UK Sales Manager, Wholesale, Category Manager, Discounters, Head of Wholesale, NPD, Product Development Manager, Grocery, Convenience, Business Development Manager, Commercial Manager, Electrical, Regional Sales Manager, Accessories, Procurement Manager,
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting National Account Manager-Retail and reference CG15025 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683330 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.