Degree qualified, ambitious and financially motivated Area Sales Manager / Sales Professional required by a FTSE 100, market leading manufacturing Group currently introducing cutting edge, game changing technologies into their established market sectors.
BASIC: £45,000 - £55,000
BENEFITS: OTE £65,000 (open ended – Opportunity to Double Salary) Company Car Group Benefits 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
· We are a market leading manufacturer, part of a £1bn International Group (FTSE 100) that employs 5800 personnel and operates in over 20 countries worldwide
· We manufacture and supply elevator safety, display and communication systems direct to elevator manufacturers and associated elevator maintenance & modernisation contractors worldwide
· We have 4 R&D / manufacturing facilities across three continents and 14 sales offices globally
· We have four industry leading brands and in 2017 acquired another market leading brand to that portfolio
Job Brief: Northern Area Sales Manager
To strengthen our European Sales team, we wish to recruit a technical sales professional to:
· Take responsibility for driving sales across the Midlands & Northern UK for a set of existing, development & target customer accounts (elevator manufacturers and maintenance & modernisation contractors).
· Influence sales to these accounts by gaining specification for our products/solutions via architects, consulting engineers and direct to a select number of national end-users (e.g. major retailers, hotel groups).
· Make frequent visits throughout the region to help drive sales. It is expected that 80% of your time will be spent with customers conducting sales / technical presentations / sales negotiations.
Location: Home based. 95% of your time covering the Midlands & Northern UK . You will also be expected to visit customers in Scotland (circa 3 times / year) and Ireland (2 times / year)
Person Requirements: Northern Area Sales Manager
Industry experience is not important. However, we are interested in receiving applications from sales professionals who:
· Have a proven track record of selling any technically specified product, solution or capital equipment into the B2B arena. This is not a commodity-based sell; it is a consultative, specification / project-based sell where “technical solutions / problem solving” and “added value” play an integral part of the selling process.
· Are degree qualified (or above), commercially savvy who can think on their own two feet and work with the minimum of supervision and direction. This level of qualification or above is important us.
· Succession planning is an integral part of our recruitment process and it is imperative we employ individuals who have the desire and capability to take on greater responsibilities both now and in the future.
· We offer the genuine potential for career development within our company and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel.
Just as a point of reference, it is likely you will have held any one of the following roles selling technically related products – Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Area Sales Manager and/or Regional Sales Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
Interested? Please email our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Northern Area Sales Manager and reference JG15171 to firstname.lastname@example.org Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. www.wallacehind.com Tel: 01604 758857