A rare opportunity for an Operations Director to join the UK division of a multi-billion dollar international packaging supplier who can offer career growth opportunities.
BASIC SALARY: c£100,000
· 20% Annual Bonus
· Company Car
· Contributory Pension
· Healthcare Scheme
· 25 Days Holiday + Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Swindon, Cardiff, Newport, Reading, Exeter, Worcester, Gloucester
JOB DESCRIPTION: UK Operations Director – International Packaging Supplier
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, you will take the senior leadership role for a £50m turnover import distribution business managing a team of 40+ in the UK and have overall responsibility for the operations and financial performance of the business unit in line with Group targets.
As the UK Operations Director, you will be overseeing a global supply chain and a large UK warehousing facility ensuring the business processes are efficient and ensuring that all targets and costs are met via the most effective and efficient use of people and resources.
You will have overall responsibility for the UK business including input alongside sales team of product mix to market and key commercial decisions. Full profit & loss responsibility for the UK business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: UK Operations Director – International Packaging Supplier
· Develop and implement the procurement, sourcing, supply chain and distribution strategy consistent with the overall group business strategy
· Research and implement the latest techniques of supply chain management and warehouse distribution
· Deliver continuous improvement in process efficiencies
· Drive forward the emphasis on improved stock availability
· Establish and maintain positive customer and supplier relationships
· Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with the company health, safety and environmental policies
· Responsible for the management of all departmental managers and the employees in the relevant departments
PERSON SPECIFICATION: UK Operations Director – International Packaging Supplier
We are interested in hearing from career minded experienced individuals with a background in Global Supply Chain and dealing with global freight partnerships, P & L responsibility and management of a business unit.
Any knowledge of dealing with the manufacturing process in the Far East, would be of particular interest.
If you have knowledge of the packaging / paper industry, food service or retail sector this would be beneficial, however the quality of the person is the most important criteria.
Additionally you will:
· Have a demonstrable track record of success and be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
· Have good attention to detail and be very much a strategic and analytical thinker. A natural forward planner who critically assesses your own performance.
· Be credible and comfortable in dealing with all levels
· Be a “go-getter”, energetic and determined to succeed with an entrepreneurial streak.
· Be a strong negotiator, with excellent people management skills, be ambitious and results orientated.
This role offers significant opportunity for an ambitious, experienced professional with a desire to develop their career with a growing and forward-thinking company and group with a track record and plans for strong growth.
We want someone who is driven to succeed and looking for an opportunity to work within a multinational organisation that offers extensive freedom of action and which has room to invest and very ambitious plans.
My client is a supplier of packaging consumable products with manufacturing plants across the Far East and part of a multi-billion organisation. They supply products across three continents to the food service and retail markets and turnover annually in excess of £50million in the UK as well as employing over 900 staff worldwide. They provide a range of environmentally friendly packaging solutions targeting food service and retail markets.
· The opportunity to join a very large multinational organisation.
· They have an active policy of promotion from within and offer the genuine opportunity to develop your career.
· This position will be challenging but also tremendously rewarding. Coaching, mentoring and training are an integral part of our culture.
· A first-class remuneration package including a highly competitive salary, bonus, pension, and other benefits normally associated with an international group.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles, Operations Director, Logistics Director, Plant Manager, General Manager, Head of Operations, Operations Manager, Site Director, Head of Distribution, Head of Global Supply Chain, Supply Chain Director Site Manager, Business Unit Manager,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP16506, Wallace Hind Selection