Are you an seeking an experienced Plant Manager? Are you driven and motivated to succeed in a modern, fast paced entrepreneurial Peterborough based Composites manufacturer?
SALARY: Up to £70,000 DOE
BENEFITS: Individual & Company Bonus Pension Family Medical 25 Days Holiday
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Peterborough, Cambridge, Huntingdon, St Neots, Wisbech, Northampton, Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering, Boston, Stamford, Spalding, Bedford, Leicester, Kings Lynn
JOB SPECIFICATION: Plant Manager: Composites
You will become the Plant Manager of our brand-new role created due to the construction of our second plant in Peterborough.
You will be reporting into the Operations Director, with responsibility for manufacturing, goods in / inspection & warehousing – managing 6 directly and 80 indirectly. The overall business employs 180 people.
Training: Product training will be given to the successful Plant Manager; as will training on the bespoke in-house manufacturing processes.
Motivated, driven and entrepreneurial individuals thrive in our organisation.
· Overall responsibility for the operational plant performance
· Set, implement and monitor KPI’s for 6 direct reports shift / team leaders), and 80 in-direct (including: cell manufacturing, production, warehousing / goods in and inspection. This is over a 24/7 shift pattern)
· Deliver product quality in a safe working environment
· Manage a budget - ensure key deliverables are met: OTIF, Quality Yield & Waste Targets etc
· Initiate and support Continuous Improvement
· Support New Product Development
REQUIREMENTS: Plant Manager - Composites
· You must have a proven people management and development background which has been gained from within a material flow manufacturing environment. - This could include (but is not limited to) various process driven manufacturing environments including: composites, polymers, fibres, textiles, resins, pulp paper, distillation, fermentation, machined components, polymers, adhesives, acrylics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food, carbon fibre.
· Previously ran a manufacturing operation with at least 30 people
· Be a problem solver, focussed on the task, flexible and adaptable to change, a natural leader who commands respect through their attitude, approach, empathy & honesty
· We are seeking someone who is willing to take ownership, influence change to processes & mindset
Qualifications: Qualification by experience alone is fine, but specific industry related qualifications like: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma belt, IOSH etc
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role as a Plant Manager, so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Plant Manager - Composites and reference JAC15146 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.