An experienced, strong, directional, no nonsense Plant Manager required by a £ billion Global Tier 1 automotive manufacturing group to undertake a complete turnaround of a Yorkshire based Tier 2 manufacturing plant with huge potential.
· £20,000 Bonus
· Company Car / Allowance
· 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Halifax, Manchester, Sheffield, Bury, Bolton, Oldham, Burnley, Blackburn, Stockport, Rotherham, Doncaster, Harrogate, Preston and more.
Full Relocation Package Available.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Plant Manager / Operations Manager - Automotive Tier 1 & 2
Our Yorkshire based manufacturing plant with huge potential, produces woven and non-woven materials, supplying to our inter-group Tier 1 manufacturing sites across Europe. The plant is an essential element to our wider group supply chain so should this plant fail to deliver high quality products to clients’ specifications, our whole European manufacturing capability is severely affected.
Consequently, we need to recruit an experienced, strong, directional, no-nonsense Plant Manager who is able to see and realise the huge potential of the plant and ultimately to attain world class manufacturing standards, which it is highly capable of achieving.
You will be fully supported by the group management team to make changes as you see fit and to develop the plants' wider management team to create a robust ascendency route.
A full job brief will be made available to short listed candidates but in summary, this is a fully encompassing role covering all aspects of plant management.
REQUIREMENTS: Plant Manager / Operations Manager - Automotive Tier 1 & 2
We would be delighted to receive applications from individuals who meet either of the following briefs:
· Currently working in a more senior role with the passion to turnaround and rebuild a plant and develop a strong, effective management team and a natural successor.
· Already working at Plant Manager level with direct experience with turn-around projects looking for a fresh challenge.
· A No.2 to a Plant Manager closely involved with the turn-around of a poorly performing plant, experienced and now ready to be the No.1 and build a positive reputation within an organisation to be recognised for future development.
Either way, it is imperative you:
· Possess the robust management skills needed to implement and follow through with the required changes.
· Are highly experienced with and a passionate advocate of world class / lean manufacturing / total productive maintenance and have worked for either a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Automotive manufacturing company.
· Hold continuous manufacturing process and or experience with products that are affected by humidity and temperature, i.e. general atmospheric conditions (e.g. foam, polymers, plastics, thermoplastics, elastomers, rubber, non-woven / woven and leather, insulation materials).
· Be educated to degree level in engineering or similar.
We are a £ billion plus, global Tier 1 Automotive manufacturing group operating in 50 countries and employing over 11,000 associates worldwide. We develop and produce multifunctional, lightweight components and systems; innovative products and technologies that make vehicles quieter, safer, more comfortable and lighter.
Success in this role will lead to development via the Leadership Programme, leading into wider group level roles.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Automotive,Tier 1 or Tier 2, lean manufacturing, TPM, Total Productive Maintenance, Foam, Polymers, Plastics, Thermoplastics, Elastomers, Rubber, Non-woven/Woven, Leather, Insulation Materials, Carpet, Fabric, Continuous Process Manufacturing, Process Manufacturing, Plant Manager, Site Manager
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Plant Manager / Operations Manager - Automotive Tier 1 & 2 and reference JG15150 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683301 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.