We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join our site in Peterborough. You will be developing new processes and work on production improvements within our lean manufacturing facility.
SALARY: £35,000-£45,000 dependent on your previous practical work experience
· Solid Performance Bonus > 10%
· Work-Based Pension
· 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
· Life Assurance
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Huntingdon, Bedford, Corby, Wellingborough, Oundle, Thrapston, Kettering, Boston, Kings Lynn, Market Deeping, Stamford, Spalding, Ely, March, St Neots, Rushden, Rutland, Leicester, Melton Mowbray
THE COMPANY: Process Engineer
This is a really exciting time to join us in a brand-new role. We are already well-established in our industry. Our process driven manufacturing site is going from strength to strength. Having won many interesting new projects in the last 12 months, we have continuing to diversify our already strong customer base.
We have successfully opened our second factory in the last 12 months and are now looking to expand our process team with the addition of another experienced Process Engineer. With us you will be able to learn from some of the best Process Engineers in the Peterborough area, whilst developing your career to increase your knowledge of a chemical coating process.
Why you should apply: Process Engineer
· Brand-new role to satisfy business growth
· A genuine opportunity to gain work-based qualifications including a lean six sigma belt which one of our current Processes Engineers is working towards
· We are a well-established and expanding Peterborough based manufacturer
· We pride ourselves in internal and external training, development plans and career progression for high achievers
· Develop your knowledge of chemical coating processes
· This a fast-paced environment, with developing processes and technology, so you will certainly be challenged and will naturally grow as a Process Engineer
· Improve plant efficiency, production processes and achieve process capability
· Introduce process controls and generate foundational documents such as process mapping, cause & effect matrix, PFMEA’s, control plans and charts
· Reduce process waste and shift change over issues
· Manage the introduction of new products and support the introduction of new machinery, equipment and processes
· Assist in training machine operators and developing their work instructions
You must have:
· A proven practical background in process development / process engineering that has been gained from a fast-moving shop floor manufacturing environment
· Strong problem-solving skills – utilising route-cause analysis, design of experiments, statistical analysis (SPC) and be able to complete your own risk assessments
· Practical knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma principles and their associated tools (although formal qualifications might be sponsored if you wish to obtain them)
Preference will be given to specific experience with coating technology, paper or textile production. A printing or laminating background is also an advantage, but all experienced Process Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers are encouraged to apply.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Process Engineer, process development, process improvement, lean manufacturing, Continuous Improvement Engineer, lean six sigma, factory, automation, mechanical, manufacturing, leather, textile, printing, laminating, FMEA, problem solving, industrial engineer, kaizen, 5S, chemical, coating, route cause analysis, powder coating
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note : Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.