We are a global business employing over 1900 people and with multiple manufacturing facilities across Europe, North and South America and Asia. Based out of our Skipton site, we are looking for an adaptable and commercial Procurement Manager to help improve our already established procurement function.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000
· Bonus up to 15%
· 25 Days Holiday + loyalty bonus
· Share Scheme
· Additional group benefit options
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Burnley, Bradford, Harrogate, Halifax, Blackburn
JOB DESCRIPTION: Site Procurement Manager / Procurement Manager : Healthcare / Adhesives
The primary focus of this role is to work with our established team of buyers (4 direct reports) and deliver procurement-based cost out projects and working capital savings across all site operations. This role will encompass current and future sources of raw materials, packaging, and indirect spend.
As well as delivering site wide procurement best practice and process, you will also be:
· Part of the Global purchasing team, you will need to remain aligned with Global Category Procurement Managers and other sites
· Keen to take ownership of the tier 2 and 3 vendors, managing the relationships and introducing key performance indicators
· Working with Global Procurement Managers in the management of tier 1 strategic vendors
· Proactively managing year-on-year improvements in terms of the company P&L, net working capital and supply chain optimisation
· Identifying and where needed re-designing more sustainable supply chains
· Pro-actively provide relevant and timely information to key stakeholders to enable appropriate decision making
· Identifying and remedying the gaps in procurement support across R&D, the site, and other key stakeholders
This is a rare opportunity to join an established and well drilled procurement function.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Site Procurement Manager / Procurement Manager : Healthcare / Adhesives
Ideally you will be an adaptable and commercial procurement specialist holding either CIPs / MCIPs or the equivalent in experience, you will also have gained experience of hands on Global sourcing.
You will also ideally have:
· Proven ability in the development and implementation of procurement and supply chain tools, techniques, and practices
· Experience of chemical and other commodity procurement would be a distinct advantage
· A proven track record of delivering results and achieving cost savings and improvements in other supply chain metrics
· Resilience and the ability to adapt and interact with people across a wide range of business functions
We are a global supplier of bonding solutions and manufacturer of adhesive-based products for the Healthcare and Industrial markets. We have a wide-reaching global footprint, with 19 manufacturing and operations facilities in 10 countries across Europe, North and South America and Asia.
With the support of a global procurement team and access to senior stakeholders across the wider business, this role will provide a candidate with visibility across a genuinely global organisation. Extensive training will be given in all aspects of our products, current suppliers and contracts.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Chemicals, Cleaning Chemicals, Adhesives, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: MT16083, Wallace Hind Selection